Hi all,

Maybe you guys will be able to help me. I already posted on the blackberry forums, but no help from there:
    Can't open 'Text Messages' options window - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

My problem is that I can't open the options screen for text messages.

I've tried deleting everything even a security wipe, rebooting etc.

This is what I get in the log when trying to open the options:
    - a UI - UIE: no face detected
    GUID: bef92e11214401c3

-S Java Exception - NullPointerException
    Severity: Severe Error
    GUID: 9c3cd62e3320b498
    *there's a long stack trace

-E net.rim.options - Exception populating options screen: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Severity: error
    GUID: 7342f5d9a0b60736

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    12-29-10 04:21 AM
    I'm assuming you have a 9800 since you posted here.
    Any additional information you can give when asking for help will be appreciated by those trying to help with your problem... such as...
    Stock OS or upgrade?
    Stock theme?
    What apps are loaded?
    Has this happened since day one or did it just start?

You said you deleted everything and did a wipe and reboot... was that in trying to correct this problem... or had you loaded other stuff which you deleted and this problem was a result of that and/or the wipe and reboot?
    12-29-10 07:49 AM
    Hi and thanks for the reply

I can't believe I forgot to add that info...

Yeah I have a 9800, stock OS 6.0 bundle 965 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105).

Stock theme, however I did have another one installed, but removed it later.

The issue started very early, but that was after I installed a lot of apps.
    A friend of mine who also got the same BB, didn't have the issue at first, but then it appeared. Luckily for him, the security wipe fixed the issue on his phone.

yes, the security wipe I did was due to everything else failing (hard rebooting, deleting all installed apps etc.)

This is starting to get a bit annoying since my service center number got reset, and now I can't send text messages cause I can't go into options and fix it.

I'm thinking maybe I could try to upgrade to 6.0.0.337.
    Is there a way to do a different OS reset than through the security wipe?

Thanks.
    12-29-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD