First up, I'm running OS 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223) on a Torch 9800 on the Rogers Wireless network.

As I finished typing the subject, 5 threads popped up with similar issues. My issue was kinda similar but here's the two things that are happening:

- INTERMITTENTLY but MOSTLY I can answer an incoming call but not hear a word or transmit a word (I verified with the caller when I did finally speak with him)

- Calling out works just fine. I've been using the phone as a pager for the last 20 or so hours, I get called, attempt to answer, MOSTLY, there is no sound, the odd time (but rarely) I can actually talk. Then I end up calling back for MOST of the times that the call didn't go through.

Here's what I have done:
    - Logged an incident with Rogers
    - Done battery pulls
    - Had Rogers "reset the network" from their end
    - Removed the SIM card, tested the SIM card in another phone and received a few calls which worked without any issue (but not a real test as every now and then I can actually talk on an incoming call on my busted Torch 9800)

I'm just getting really fed up now and am upgrading to the latest and greatest Rogers bundle 2921 for OS 6.0 in the hope that this might fix the issue. I refrained for this long as I didn't want to tweak all my apps after the update. I tend to lose all my calling card data from my BlaCaDa app, etc. It is a real pain in the heine to keep doing this.

Any suggestions would help. I am THIS short of uninstalling (nuking) the phone completely and do a fresh install but I tend to leave that for extraneous circumstances (which I can call this as I'm on-call this week and fear that I'm gonna miss calls).

Thanks to Rogers One Number, I can take my sweet time upgrading/ rebuilding/ reinstalling the phone as I setup another phone to ring in parallel with mine...

TIA!
    06-22-12 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD