I know this may sound stupid, but I can generally tell when I will get an app update, through blackberry app world, before it is pushed to my phone. Generally, my phone will freeze on certain applications right before I have an update to one of my applications. When ever I try to access facebook touch, the built in web browser, or even the crackberry site nothing happens and the phone freezes. I then have to click on the "red phone", to access the touch screen. I can access any other app at this time, just not the web based apps. Whenever this happens, I usually get an update for an app about two-three days later. The freezing happened last night, so there must be an update out there waiting to be pushed to my phone. This phenomenon has also happened with OS updates on my Torch.

Is there anyone else experiencing this?

Do I need to update my OS, I am running the official .246?
    Last edited by Sainthak; 03-17-11 at 11:22 AM. Reason: incorrect terminology
    03-17-11 07:03 AM
    App updates shouldn't get "pushed" to your device at all. It is your choice to update apps(unless its a core app like app world). I think your freezing issue is the crappy OS your running. The current "official"(although its not official for att) update is .448 or the leaked .486.
    03-17-11 07:14 AM
    App updates shouldn't get "pushed" to your device at all. It is your choice to update apps(unless its a core app like app world). I think your freezing issue is the crappy OS your running. The current "official"(although its not official for att) update is .448 or the leaked .486.
    My fault wrong terminology usage lol. What I should have said is when updates in bb app world become available, my phone begins to freeze up, and before I receive the the 'update' notifications (the lil black round symbol) on my phone.
    03-17-11 08:29 AM
    At any rate, as Homer said, it sounds like the OS is doing something buggy.. Make sure you are restarting your bb after installing / uninstalling an app, or update. usually works for me. If you are doing this already, then chances are it is the OS all together... if you are running the latest OS, then i would suggest re-installnig it from scratch..

good luck
    03-17-11 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD