I press and hold '1' and is giving the following prompts:

"To leave a message dial the 10 digit mailbox number for the person you are calling.. If you have a mailbox number, please press #"

I dial my number and it says: "Could not find a mailbox for that number.."

I've tried using the access number in my options>call management>Voice mail
    And i've tried using my own 10 digit number..
    11-06-10 07:32 PM
    Doesn't say what carrier you have so I'll just go by what I had to do with AT&T.

I was getting the same exact problem, seems with visual voicemail you don't access your mailbox in the same fashion as normal. I had to call AT&T to have them setup my visual voicemail box and they supplied a code via text message to set it up on my torch.
    11-06-10 07:52 PM
    2 options.
    Call ATT to add visual voicemail to your account. Then set it up through the application.
    Other option is an app I use call YouMail Visual Voicemail. You simply forward your unanswered phone calls and they take your message. They can also send you text messages that you have a message waiting and send you an email recording of your message.
    11-06-10 07:54 PM
    Doesn't say what carrier you have so I'll just go by what I had to do with AT&T.

I was getting the same exact problem, seems with visual voicemail you don't access your mailbox in the same fashion as normal. I had to call AT&T to have them setup my visual voicemail box and they supplied a code via text message to set it up on my torch.
    Sorry about that. Yes, you're right though, i have AT&T... Is visual voicmail the same option as the regular voicemail?? Because i'm having trouble with what i would like to think is my regular voicemail..
    11-06-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD