Another issue I am having with my blackberry is that my work does not support it for email, only Iphone, Droid, etc. They use activesync.

Is there a FREE program or app that I can get for my blackberry to allow me access to my email for work? Its one of two things my new blackberry falls terribly short on, but if I could get it to work, that would be great. I don't think I should have to buy some extra program like notifysync to make it work. BB ought to provide this free of charge.
    11-20-10 09:53 PM
    Do they have an OverTheWeb interface to Outlook?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 10:10 PM
    I looked at a few options on google....This one seemed the better. I have not tried this, maybe someone can chime in. But it says it will sync your active sync email.

Notify Technology - Enterprise Mobility, BlackBerry ActiveSync Compatibility
    11-21-10 12:19 AM
    if they have otw, you need nothing else. if not give the demo a try. i would ask the company to pay if it works.
    11-21-10 12:23 AM
    They don't have over the web enabled. And the BES Express is not something they are going to install. Its a global company with thousands of employees and they have completely done away with blackberries. I may be hosed.
    11-21-10 10:04 AM
    if you are not too concerned with a complete sync and want to be able to send and receive work emails from your blackberry, here is an option that may help.

If you use outlook or lotus, set up your server-side forwarding to forward all emails to your BIS email account e.g. [email protected]

From your BIS settings for the BIS email account, change your Reply to: to your work email address. Set up your name and signature matching your office settings.

Its a simple solution that may offer what you are looking for. As emails are sent to your work address, they show up in your outlook or lotus and are forwarded to your blackberry. If the forwarding is set up on the server side, your outlook or lotus notes do not have to be running for the forwarding to take place. When you reply from your blackberry the email recipient sees it as having come from your work address.

One flaw with this solution is that you cannot see emails that you send from your work email client on your blackberry, however you can play around with different forwarding options to allow for this.

Also make sure you do not get in trouble with your IT folk for doing this. You may want to check with them first.
    11-21-10 11:10 AM
    I tried that and it didnt work, but I may have set it up wrong.

Now that you mentioned it, I will give it another shot. It doesnt need to be totally synced...i just want to be able to get them when im not at the office.
    11-21-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD