I GOT MY TORCH! which I adore<3 but I want to update to the newest firmware and I didn't know where to post this aha. I'm not familiar with how to update because I came from iPhone so forgive my temporary slowness lol.
    09-11-10 05:23 PM
    Welcome to BB! I hope you enjoy using your Torch as much as I have. To get you started quickly, this page has the link to the download site:http://m.crackberry.com/leaked-os-6-0-0-214-blackberry-blackberry-torch-9800

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 06:21 PM
    09-11-10 06:23 PM
    Crucial that's a great guide - I just wish you would add your suggestion about deleting old OS versions before installing! That and I think you don't suggest making a backup, just in case, before installing. I know the apploader does it but I like to be safe and do one myself just in case!
    09-11-10 06:57 PM
    Just be careful as 3rd party apps are not part of a DM backup. Read his other proc on how to do that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 07:03 PM
    Crucial that's a great guide - I just wish you would add your suggestion about deleting old OS versions before installing! That and I think you don't suggest making a backup, just in case, before installing. I know the apploader does it but I like to be safe and do one myself just in case!
    In the guide I suggest using the backup feature within the Apploader wizard so a backup prior to the entire procedure isn't really necessary. As for uninstalling previous/older versions, Apploader reverts to the most recent version so while I myself uninstall earlier version, it's not absolutely necessary either. But thanks for the suggestions. Said guide was made a while back. I'll look into updating it. ))
    09-11-10 07:09 PM
    Jeffreii,

Some of your previous posts helped me easily update. Thanks! But one note - you had stated to delete any old BB OS from our computers. That one threw me a little - I couldn't find any old OS files or folders. I took a chance and followed the rest of the steps and all is well. Nice improvement.
    09-11-10 07:10 PM
    In the guide I suggest using the backup feature within the Apploader wizard so a backup prior to the entire procedure isn't really necessary. As for uninstalling previous/older versions, Apploader reverts to the most recent version so while I myself uninstall earlier version, it's not absolutely necessary either. But thanks for the suggestions. Said guide was made a while back. I'll look into updating it. ))
    Thanks Crucial! I do a backup before just in case - it takes 15 seconds and I always wonder if maybe there's a small error in the apploader backup it might continue with the install...but that's never actually happened to me.

As for deleting prior OS, I'm pretty sure I saw a post from you once upon a time saying I should do it so I've always done it faithfully!

Jeffreii,

Some of your previous posts helped me easily update. Thanks! But one note - you had stated to delete any old BB OS from our computers. That one threw me a little - I couldn't find any old OS files or folders. I took a chance and followed the rest of the steps and all is well. Nice improvement.
    Ok glad it worked - I guess I should have said uninstall old BB OS from the computer if you have them. As Crucial said above, it's not necessary but I do it because he told us to do it once!
    09-12-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD