Hello guys

I just need to use my BB for BBM . BIS only needed . I don't want any use of Phone or Text ?

Is there any carrier offer this kind of service ?

I just need a BIS plan for my Torch .

thanks
    02-14-11 03:24 AM
    In my experience withing Europe and in the US, all BlackBerry plans come as two parts. Voice minutes and BIS megabytes.

I have not seen a data only offering from any carrier.

You may be able to negociate a minimal number of voice+SMS text minutes + BIS but I doubt if you will find a carrier who sells on BIS.

BBM uses mininmal bandwidth so there would not be much profit for the carrier in selling you such a small plan and you should never overlook the carrier's desire to make a profit from each and every plan.
    02-14-11 03:33 AM
    Yes its possible. Rogers in Canada have allowed people to do this. It all depends on the carrier and if they choose to allow it.

Hello guys

I just need to use my BB for BBM . BIS only needed . I don't want any use of Phone or Text ?

Is there any carrier offer this kind of service ?

I just need a BIS plan for my Torch .

thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 08:16 AM
    How aboutt US Carriers ?
    02-14-11 09:40 AM
    Need to ask your carrier.
    Where I live its posible I have a couple of employees this way 1 email account and BBM $8 dollars monthly payment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 11:41 AM
    AT&T used to offer this to anyone, and they definitely offer it to businesses as I know several people who are on such a plan.
    02-14-11 02:34 PM
    I went to At&t and they said I have to have a Minutes .

Any Idea ??
    02-14-11 07:06 PM
    If AT&T told you that's how it is, then that's how it is.
    02-14-11 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD