Hello everybody,

Sorry first if this question was already asked before I try to find similar topic but I did not find any.
    So, I was just wondering if we can expect in the future that RIM makes HD recording available in the torch by updating the OS or it is impossible due to hardware constraint?
    It is a bit odd that the torch can make good quality pictures but make horrible video.
    Is the poor video quality of the torch due to software or hardware?

Thanks for your responses .
    01-01-11 04:10 PM
    Torch can only record at 480p and not capable of 720p due to hardware limitation. But hopefully there will be a Torch "refresh" in the near future which we can find HD recording, 8MP camera, and a better build quality and trackpad response. Until now were stuck with the 480p recording.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I wish there was HD recording for the Torch.
    01-01-11 05:56 PM
    Torch can only record at 480p and not capable of 720p due to hardware limitation. But hopefully there will be a Torch "refresh" in the near future which we can find HD recording, 8MP camera, and a better build quality and trackpad response. Until now were stuck with the 480p recording.

i hope they can come up with something besides a "refresh" for any berry that is out there
    01-01-11 06:04 PM
    i hope they can come up with something besides a "refresh" for any berry that is out there
    Yeah but just for the sake of those who are stuck on a long term contracts and can't upgrade for a while but can get a replacement like the 9700 > 9780 like me (3 year contract and can upgrade in 2 years and 6 months)

01-01-11 07:29 PM
    i would NEVER sign a 3 year contract in todays world. On VZW you can always upgrade after 1 year and get a phone at the new contract pricing for just a small added fee. So after 1 year i can get a new phone for around $200 still
    01-01-11 08:37 PM
    i would NEVER sign a 3 year contract in todays world. On VZW you can always upgrade after 1 year and get a phone at the new contract pricing for just a small added fee. So after 1 year i can get a new phone for around $200 still
    In Canada its 3 and the States is 2. Of course I would sign a 2 if the phone was cheap and was max contract length. But unfortunately that isn't the case today :/

01-01-11 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD