Hello Everyone,

I have finally brought a Torch in Hong Kong, I guess is a unlock one from At&t but I have no idea how to set up the internet connection for my phone.

Everything works right now phone, wifi but I can't get my internet to work on it and I can't figure this phone out.

And also application like msn messenger keeps saying the service is unavailable right now and when I try to setup my email it only give me the option of setting up a blackberry enterprise account only doesn't give me the option of setting up a IMAP account

can anyone here give me a hand at this? I am so new to this
    10-13-10 11:34 AM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan from whatever carrier you're using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 11:41 AM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan from whatever carrier you're using.

To make It more clear. The plan should say BIS DATA PLAN or something alone those lines.

Remember. BLACKBERRY DATAPLAN.

10-13-10 11:53 AM
    but isn't the blackberry dataplan only for email push? I already have unlimited data plan in Hong kong. I should be able to at least browse the internet or use IM application like whatsapp right?
    10-13-10 12:22 PM
    Well you did ask about setting up an email account on your phone, and using the MSN app. Both of those require a BIS BlackBerry Data Plan.

You won't be able to use the BlackBerry browser because that requires access to RIM's servers to use, which can only happen with the proper data plan. Using a 3rd party browser like Bolt or OperaMini will let you use the internet without being on wifi though.

I'm not familiar with whatsapp IM application, but many of those kind of all in one IM apps will work over wifi, not sure about a generic data plan though.
    10-13-10 12:33 PM
    oh man......now I am regretting getting a BB I thought all I need is unlimited data plan then at least I can surf the web and use msn messenger. Now I probably have to spent HKD$300+ HK Dollar to use this phone.... I already spent alot getting this phone.... why is it so complicated....

so everything on BB have to be used with BIS blackberry plan?
    10-13-10 01:26 PM
    Every BB device has to have a BB data plan through the carrier, whether you use BIS or BES is up to you.
    10-13-10 01:44 PM
    Thank you all I guess I will just have to upgrade my plan again...
    10-13-10 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD