I just bought the Torch from AT&T and i had high expectations from this phone. It is my 5th phone and my first BB.
    anyway, the camera has a big big problem, it freezes up. When i try taking a picture the first 3 picture comes out fine but the 4th picture freezes, then the camera hangs, i am able to navigate through the camera menu but the camera itself shows a black screen, and then i have to press the red key to go to the home screen. Then when i try to start the camera sometimes its a black screen again.
    does anyone face the same issue? if yes, has anyone found a solution to this? the battery pull does not work, trust me i've tried.
    01-10-11 10:22 PM
    If you just got it. What's preventing you from getting a replacement? This is not normal...especially on the original OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 10:26 PM
    If you just got it from AT&T it likely doesn't have the latest OS on it. That might fix your problem. You can get AT&T's latest release by going to their software update site here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Or, if you want the latest, its .337 listed at the top of this forum. Make sure you read up on how to update the OS if you get the non-at&t version. There are numerous articles all over crackberry.com on how to do this.
    01-10-11 10:29 PM
    Replacement? you mean get a new Torch? or another phone? i got it at walmart. No idea how things work.

Brendon Lee: sorry, forgot to mention, i have the Red torch which comes preloaded with the software update. thanks for the heads up though. now i know where i can keep checking.
    01-10-11 10:37 PM
    Replacement? you mean get a new Torch? or another phone? i got it at walmart. No idea how things work.

Brendon Lee: sorry, forgot to mention, i have the Red torch which comes preloaded with the software update. thanks for the heads up though. now i know where i can keep checking.
    As far as replacement - It shouldn't matter where you got the torch, AT&T should help you get a warranty replacement since its less than a year old.

And AT&T's latest OS is definitely not the most recent, so i'd definitely look into replacing it with .337 - if you are comfortable with doing that sort of thing. If not, take it to AT&T.
    01-10-11 10:41 PM
    .337? i have a .695 installed?? i mean that means its latest right?
    i cant find the .337 on the website you gave me, so i am kinda confused. sorry but i am a newbie so dont mind.

and yeah, i downloaded the topmost one of the updates from the link, do i need to connect my phone or do i install on the laptop itself? because the setup does not ask me to connect the Torch
    Last edited by starlock; 01-10-11 at 10:49 PM.
    01-10-11 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD