I was wondering if anyone was having any camera issues with their torch thats similar to mine. Initially everything works fine and then when I go to use the camera I can click on the camera button, it goes to take the pic, it flashes, and then it never takes the pic. I cannot click on the button to take a pic again. I have to exit out of the program and try again. The only to totally fix it is to reboot. However, it always comes back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I did return the last phone that had the same problem, so I don't think its hardware.
    10-07-10 08:34 PM
    Perhaps some app is interfering. Like a barcode reader app or screen grabber. Could try uninstalling them for a while if you have them installed.
    10-07-10 08:43 PM
    Perhaps some app is interfering. Like a barcode reader app or screen grabber. Could try uninstalling them for a while if you have them installed.
    I do not have either of those types of apps.
    10-07-10 08:56 PM
    It's a dual stage button, press it in slightly to focus and then the rest of the way to take the pic. Hope that helps.
    10-07-10 09:08 PM
    It's a dual stage button, press it in slightly to focus and then the rest of the way to take the pic. Hope that helps.
    I am not using the convenience button, I do not have it set up that way. I am using the button on the touch screen.
    10-07-10 09:10 PM
    Oh sorry, didn't realize you were using another button. Hope you get it figured out.
    10-07-10 09:16 PM
    thats odd so the camera loads and u can see everything? I had an issue where i couldn't load the camera it would just show black and it was a hardware issue. You may want to try a battery pull and if that doesn't work a os reinstall.
    10-07-10 09:17 PM
    I had the same issue I needed to take a photo for work I ended up having to use the video mode and recorded video instead. A few days later the camera is working perfectly. Hope it recovers for you.
    I was wondering if anyone was having any camera issues with their torch thats similar to mine. Initially everything works fine and then when I go to use the camera I can click on the camera button, it goes to take the pic, it flashes, and then it never takes the pic. I cannot click on the button to take a pic again. I have to exit out of the program and try again. The only to totally fix it is to reboot. However, it always comes back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I did return the last phone that had the same problem, so I don't think its hardware.
    i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 11:18 PM
    I had the same issue I needed to take a photo for work I ended up having to use the video mode and recorded video instead. A few days later the camera is working perfectly. Hope it recovers for you.

i

Thanks and hopefully mine will come back.

Did any of you shrink anything out of your os?
    10-08-10 08:36 AM
    i had the same thing happen to me mentioned in your first post! first picture - success with convenience key, after that, no dice. touchscreen icon wouldn't work either until after a reboot. definitely a bug here.
    10-08-10 08:45 AM
    Thanks and hopefully mine will come back.

Did any of you shrink anything out of your os?
    Did you??

10-08-10 08:50 AM
    Did you??

Yes. Languages and some apps i dont use.
    10-08-10 08:51 AM
    Happens to me too. Pretty sure it has to do with the accelerometer and changing from portrait to landscape camera mode.

There will probably be a fix in a future update.
    10-08-10 12:08 PM
    Yes. Languages and some apps i dont use.
    Huh. I wouldn't really count that out as the issue then
    10-08-10 12:59 PM
    I had this issue as well. A battery pull always fixed it.

I just got a new Torch (took my old one back) and I haven't had this issue any longer. I have all the same apps on the phone.
    10-08-10 05:50 PM
    I had the issue

did a Battery Pull

Issue was gone

have not had it since
    10-08-10 06:50 PM
    I noticed it a few times, here is what I did to fix it. Everytime the problem occured the camera was set to auto image or whatever the auto one is called. I manually set it to indoors, outdoors, etc, and never had an issue using it as long I I wasn't taking a pic with auto feature. I think it is an OS issue. When it would happen, it would not take the picture with the side key or the screen button. A battery pull would fix it for a little while but it always came back.

10-08-10 10:04 PM
    I had a similar issue too... battery pull solved my problem! Hasn't returned yet! [Keeping fingers crossed!]
    10-09-10 02:08 AM
    Battery pull fixed it for me the one time I encounterd it also.

10-09-10 02:11 AM
    im having this problem right now, was trying to take a picture of my cat sleeping in a funny pose, hehe. but now she moved, opportunity lost! damnit

lol, lets hope this battery pull works

(love that os 6 boots up much faster than os 5)
    10-09-10 02:13 AM
    Ok, I have tried several of the suggestions, including changing the setting from auto, battery pulls, and being patient. It has been a week since this started and still it does not work except initially after a battery pull.

Update: I reinstalled the os without shrinking anything out and it initially worked. After a couple of days it is back to doing the same thing. I am wondering if its any apps that I may have causing the problem. I have:

Google Maps
    Gmail
    Google mobile
    pandora
    slacker
    some games
    berryweather
    tether
    detoday
    sling player
    ubertwitter
    poynt
    scoremobile
    crackberry superstore
    artgo coloring
    bb maps launcher
    cbs football
    yahoo fantasy football
    Drive safe.ly

Please let me know if any of these apps would cause a problem or if anyone that has a similar problem has similar apps.
    Last edited by 4tay; 10-14-10 at 07:36 AM.
    10-09-10 12:51 PM
    So, today I discovered something new, after I click on the pic button, it focuses, it flashes, and nothing. I then try to use the trackpad to highlight the take a pic button gain and it will not highlight. Also, I can click the side button (convenience key) it flashes again and no pic. I can continue to click side button and it flashes each time without taking the pic.

I really think this software related.

Any suggestions?

10-14-10 07:27 AM
    had the issue 2 times, fixed by taking out battery
    10-14-10 10:20 AM
    had the issue 2 times, fixed by taking out battery
    It works sometimes when I do this but it eventually goes back to not working.
    10-14-10 11:11 AM
    Like I said above, try changing the the setting to something other than auto focus. You won't have to pull the battery, it is software related to the best of my knowledge as switching settings fixed it for me when the issue would pop up.

10-14-10 01:46 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD