Hey Everyone,

I got my Torch 3 days ago, and only decided to start using the camera last night whilst my daughter was posing!

But! The camera froze after the first shot? It didnt do the 'camera sound' and just stayed with the pic on the screen, when i pressed the red phone key ad went back into the camera again the pics where gone and not saved???

I plug my BB in the computer last night and ran a check to see what operating system i was using as i assumed it could be because i have an old operating system on there, but i am running: 6.0.0.337?

Can anyone help? im really liking this phone, but i really need my camera to work? Is there a way of removing the O/S completely and putting it back on again? is this what is wrong?

HELPPPP
    01-24-11 06:35 AM
    Did you try a battery pull to see of that fixed it?

Yes you can completly wipe and reload the OS on your phone, there are several tutorials on this website about how one would go about doing it.

Your camera issue is a well known problem, and typically reformatting your media card will solve it. Just remember to backup anything currently on your media card.
    01-24-11 06:39 AM
    Hi I got my torch a few months ago from orange in the UK and after a couple of weeks the camera packed up so when I contacted orange the did a handset check and confirmed that the phone was faulty, then they sent out a new one the camera had never been used..But what homer says about the media card may help
    01-24-11 12:49 PM
    the sd card that come with the torch have a lot of issue with the formatting, so you need to format it yourself (using the phone, Option, Device, Storage, pressing menu button and Format). It happen to me too when I first got my torch (exact same problem).
    01-24-11 01:11 PM
    what OS are you on?? I updated mine from .246 to the latest .337 and that's when I started having the issue. i went back to .246 and the issue went away. I did all the reformatting the sd card and all that other stuff to no avail. so i went back to .246 and all is good.
    01-26-11 05:12 PM
    The camera isn't working on my torch as well. I just noticed the problem today (1/27). It was actually working fine two days ago because I took a pic and then did a mobile upload to facebook. For some reason when I change the settings to "face detection" it works sometimes. But on other settings it doesn't.
    01-27-11 06:18 PM
    When my Torch camera stopped working it turned out to be because I had downloaded a barcode reader app called Sccope, (that didn't work anyway!!). I removed the app and now the camera works fine!
    02-25-11 02:13 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I got my Torch 3 days ago, and only decided to start using the camera last night whilst my daughter was posing!

But! The camera froze after the first shot? It didnt do the 'camera sound' and just stayed with the pic on the screen, when i pressed the red phone key ad went back into the camera again the pics where gone and not saved???

I plug my BB in the computer last night and ran a check to see what operating system i was using as i assumed it could be because i have an old operating system on there, but i am running: 6.0.0.337?

Can anyone help? im really liking this phone, but i really need my camera to work? Is there a way of removing the O/S completely and putting it back on again? is this what is wrong?

HELPPPP
    This is a well known and documented problem brought up several times. Forum search is your friend.
    02-25-11 10:22 PM
    The issue you are experiencing is definitely due to the operating system you are using. I had the exact same issue you describe when I was on .337; reformating my media card did nothing to rectify the issue, nor did saving to my device.

I would suggest that you upgrade to either .448 or .450 in the beta/hybrid OS forum, that should fix your issue as it did mine. My camera has now worked flawlessly for me ever since I uninstalled .337 and upgraded to a more recent OS.

As for this being a well documented issue, I'd have to disagree with that statement. When I was experiencing this problem I did countless searches regarding the issue and the general concencus was that no one really knew what the problem stemmed from; some people believe it was a hardware fault whilst others agreed it may be an isolated software issue. Only after time with the release of .448 and .450 and upgrading to either of these OSes did my problem subside, due in no part might I add by the assistance or direction of someone in a thread detailing this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by d7walls; 02-26-11 at 05:33 AM.
    02-26-11 05:27 AM
    Crackberry should make a sticky thread regarding this issue bc it seems to be so common, I am currently having it but plan on upgrading to .448

02-26-11 06:47 AM
    I've had the same problem. I removed the battery and put it back in and the camera started working again. Worth a try.

03-01-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD