Hey all. Got my Torch this am and loving it...or was.
    Took the phone out to take some pics of the little one.
    Took a couple pics, no issue. Suddenly though took a pic and screen went blank. Nothing, nada. Coming from a Storm used to the red light of a reset, but not even that. Had to battery pull.
    Determined to figure out the issue on my 8h phone, and after multiple battery pulls, it's the flash on the camera. The one out of 5 times it doesn't brick the phone, the flash goes off early but cuts out before the shutter goes. But yeah, most of the time the phone is bricked when I hit the shutter button.

Given the thin battery cover and the tight fitting battery, not something I want to do all the time.
    Now, My battery was at about 1/3-1/4 left. It's as if the flash zapped all the juice out of the battery.
    Sure enough, when I plug phone into charger, and try flash, no issue at all.

So, clearly the phone isn't regulating the power properly and the flash is spiking the power and shutting the whole phone down when there is clearly enough battery life left.

I take it this is a hardware issue, as no one else seems to have this issue. If someone could, take a picture with flash with a battery of 25% or less, and let me know what happens. Either way it shouldn't happen and looks like a exchange at the telus dealer tomorrow.
    09-30-10 09:10 PM
    Update:
    After a full battery charge, flash seems to work fine.

Appears from other comments that the battery is shutting down for them long before a "low battery" alert comes on.

Guess this is what I have...have to see if it persists, or gets worse. No way should a phone instantly shut down with 20+% left on the battery meter, no matter what.
    10-01-10 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD