I just got my Torch today and the camera doesn't work. If I put it in face detection, but that's it!

If it is in Auto, or anything except for face detection, the flash goes on and the blue camera button turns grey, and no picture is captured.

I am quickly losing faith in blackberry! I had a red curve and went through 11 replacement handsets in a year because of hardware and software issues (phone was deleting data - you could sit and watch emails disappear, ringer files were incompatible, phone would restart when it was plugged in). So I switched to the Tour, which was advertised as having wifi (Telus's fault) and it didnt...so then I went to the Bold. I had the Bold since Feb 2010 and just got rid of it because it is under warranty and Blackberry is fixing it with used parts that don't even fit the phone properly, so they let me upgrade.

I don't want to fix this with a battery pull, because from what I read on other websites, it only corrects it for a couple of days. I am tempted to just go to iphone or Android.

Help?
    12-03-10 08:29 PM
    From what I've read this appears to be a software issue which is affecting about 10% of the devices. I would suggest taking it to your local store and ask for a replacement. They should be able to just exchange it as you have only had it for a day.
    12-03-10 09:03 PM
    I've never once had a problem with my camera on my Torch...nor my 9000.

I'd suggesting seeing if a battery pull permanently fixes it or not...if it comes back, then swap the device for a new one.
    12-03-10 09:05 PM
    I will do that.

It's so disappointing to open a box of a brand new phone, and find it's broke. Blackberry needs to pull up their socks!
    12-03-10 09:15 PM
    I will do that.

It's so disappointing to open a box of a brand new phone, and find it's broke. Blackberry needs to pull up their socks!
    I understand how you feel. I've had to take a BB back before. To me it's that I've installed apps and have my theme, ringtones, etc all set up and then after to do it all over again when I get the replacement. Good Luck
    12-03-10 09:18 PM
    I will do that.

It is disappointing...but it's not just BlackBerry.

People get DOA iPhones, Androids, computers, hard drives, kitchen appliances, cars, etc. Sometimes it's just bad luck!

Now the fact that I can almost always return those things for a working one is what makes it ok...just a fact of life.
    12-03-10 09:26 PM
    My iPhone quit working after 9 months. Just up and one day stopped working. Screen went black and would never come back on... So I said screw Apple and went back to BlackBerry. Very happy with my beautiful Torch. Best of luck with your camera issue. It truly is luck of the draw sometimes. Technology is kind of a crap shoot sometimes.
    12-03-10 10:22 PM
    This is my 17th blackberry (12 curves, 1 tour, 2 bolds and a torch...two torches tomorrow) since September 2007. I have NO idea why I still want a blackberry. Hopefully I will have a working camera tomorrow though.
    12-03-10 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD