I know I may come off complaining too much tonight, but I'm just posting my experience with the torch (after 2 months of usage).

One thing I really don't like is the sensitivity of the camera controls, both the touchscreen and the sense pad.

Many times when I start the camera, I either accidentally touch the screen and it zooms in or the button selection slips over to something else, like trying to turn on the damn location thing or opens the picture gallery etc etc. If it's not from the touchscreen, than it's the sense button messes things up. The smallest accidental touch can roll the highlighted button off to any of the other functions and instead of taking a picture I'm either at the flash selection or opening up the gallery.

This menu thing is just not convenient at all, it's annoying. . At least if there was an option to turn off those damn touch buttons on the bottom, or just leave the camera shoot button on and lock the rest..or put them into the option menu or whatever, but get rid of them or make it harder to select ....anything but do something about it.
    Right now, taking a picture is like doing a heart surgery, that's how carefully I have to hold the phone and cautiously move my fingers around so I end up taking a picture and not trying to get out of the other options.
    10-29-10 11:24 PM
    I agree with that. My hands were shaking so bad from trying to avoid everything. Picture was blurry. I agree locking the menus would help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 11:31 PM
    Put the phone in landscape and use the convenience key to take the picture tadaaan :b in addition, you wont have to rotate the pictures when you transfer them to your computer.
    10-30-10 12:02 AM
    Put the phone in landscape and use the convenience key to take the picture tadaaan :b in addition, you wont have to rotate the pictures when you transfer them to your computer.
    +1, Agreed.

I also use the convenience key in portrait sometimes, but I've never had any problems with taking pictures using the touchscreen. I always use the convenience key in landscape though simply because it feels more natural.

I have to admit that the touchscreen never bothered me as much as it seems to be bothering you though. I hope you manage to get a hang of it or find a way to make things easier for you.
    10-30-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD