Hello, I have am a new torch owner, I had a storm 1 before and never experienced this problem.

Sorry if it had been discussed before, but I could not find it.

Basically my problem is that when connected to a bluetooth device (my car integrated system) it seems that my phone will only activate the bluetooth connection when connected.

So when placing a call from the phone, it says calling on the phone, (it is the moment when I should hear rigning) but nothing happens with the bluetooth connection.

When it finally says connected, the bluetooth activate, but it also comes with about a 3 seconds delay where the person on the other side cannot hear me.

Any Ideas?
    01-28-11 05:02 PM
    1st are you saying you are having a delay in connection or a delay of function?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 05:51 PM
    it is not really a delay problem, mainly the problem is that the bluetooth starts at connected instead of calling.
    01-28-11 08:28 PM
    I don't have any issues with my bluetooth connection...no delays. Have you tried deleting your bluetooth device and pairing it up again?
    01-28-11 08:59 PM
    By connected you mean when thenother party answers the phone. How was the call made? Manual or voice? I also think you should delete the device then reinstall.

01-28-11 10:51 PM
    That always happends when manually dialling on the phone.

Yes by connected I mean when the other party answers the phone, it takes about 3 seconds before my bluetooth will connect to the phone. But with my storm, it would connect during the phone was ringing.

I will try to delete the device and re-install.
    01-29-11 07:33 AM
    By chance are you you just connecting per use or are you pre connecting? I know this questioning is silly but if your connecting each time you want to use the hands free its they chance of delays as your connecting. The best best thing to do is stay connected.

01-29-11 11:14 AM
    this is with my car's bluetooth, so my phone is paired automatically as soon as I turn on the engine.

I've tried deleting the device from both my phone & my car, still no luck. I'm getting the same problem.
    02-04-11 08:43 AM
    What kind of car? I'm a licensed mechanic and have seen similar issues at my dealership. Sometimes the fault is with the car's bluetooth software. Check with your dealer for any possible software upgrades (these are some times called technical service bulletins or TSB's)
    02-05-11 04:10 PM
    Hello, I have am a new torch owner, I had a storm 1 before and never experienced this problem.

Sorry if it had been discussed before, but I could not find it.

Basically my problem is that when connected to a bluetooth device (my car integrated system) it seems that my phone will only activate the bluetooth connection when connected.

So when placing a call from the phone, it says calling on the phone, (it is the moment when I should hear rigning) but nothing happens with the bluetooth connection.

When it finally says connected, the bluetooth activate, but it also comes with about a 3 seconds delay where the person on the other side cannot hear me.

Any Ideas?
    there's your problem.
    when you call from the phone.. meaning you dialed from the Torch..
    your screen will give you an option to continue the call/conversation on the handset or on the navigation system.
    you have to choose... before the Torch automatically continue the call on the navigation system.
    i have a Torch and a Camry with a 3rd party navigation/bluetooth receiver ( Pioneer AVIC F700BT) and if i dial/ receive the calls from the head unit directly... connection is instant.
    But if i dial from the phone.. i have the situation that you're describing.

one more thing.. the Torch LED light should be flashing blue all the time once it's paired with your receiver/ head unit.
    02-05-11 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD