Problem: I'm on a call and a new call comes in. I can hear the tone but my screen is dark unless I hit a key. I cannot see who is calling or even the answer keys. I assume there's a setting for this?
    10-25-10 09:47 AM
    This is because the proximity sensor turns the screen off when it is close to your face to prevent accidental button presses when the phone is touching your face and to conserve the battery.
    10-25-10 12:52 PM
    I have the same prob and the proximity sensor is irrelevant ( in my case). For me-- the phone simply does not display the other caller. I can only see who it was when I later check out the missed call log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 10:03 PM
    I have the same prob and the proximity sensor is irrelevant ( in my case). For me-- the phone simply does not display the other caller. I can only see who it was when I later check out the missed call log.

what OS are you using?
    i'm on 6.0.0.337 now.. and since .246 i never had that problem.
    11-18-10 10:20 PM
    I'm on .337.
    Are you saying the problem was there for you in previous OS versions?

11-18-10 11:01 PM
    I'm on 337 with no problems, I use call waiting and confernce call options a lot...

11-19-10 07:00 AM
    .337 myself and have never had a problem with call waiting. Pull it away from my face when i hear the call waiting tone, wait a second for the screen to reactivate and it shows me who's calling. Been that way since .141
    11-19-10 07:10 AM
    Haven't noticed this with any OS. Running .337 now.
    11-19-10 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD