On my new Torch, for some funny reason I change the calender view so I can see MONTHLY and not daily, but every time I close the calender it just goes back to the old Daily view.

Does others have this same problem ??
    11-14-10 07:20 AM
    What version of the OS are you running? This was an issue with .141 but I believe it was fixed in .245. Works just fine for me, either way saves when exiting.
    11-14-10 07:34 AM
    i currently have v6.0.0.246
    11-14-10 07:43 AM
    Are you changing this within the app or the app options? If you only change via the bottom buttons, when you back out it goes back to the default view set in the options.
    11-14-10 07:47 AM
    Ummm...just to clarify. You are opening up Calendar, then opening up Options, then selecting Monthly for Intial View, and then backing out and saving changes. Correct? Because if your just selecting the Monthly view while just in Calendar, it won't change the default setting.
    11-14-10 07:49 AM
    Ummm...just to clarify. You are opening up Calendar, then opening up Options, then selecting Monthly for Intial View, and then backing out and saving changes. Correct? Because if your just selecting the Monthly view while just in Calendar, it won't change the default setting.
    This is what I am doing.
    opening up Calendar, then opening up Options, then selecting Monthly for Intial View, and then backing out and saving changes.
    11-14-10 08:31 AM
    Hmm..weird. Alls I could really suggest is to follow the same procedure..but set it to Daily..then back out, and save changes. Do a battery pull..and then go back in and reset it to Monthly and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 08:36 AM
    This is really weird, but I have figured out how to sort this out now.
    basically, if the view is set to daily, then you have to set it to weekly and save and then set it to monthly and save again and then you will have the monthly day view.

so basically you have to set the views by step. Daily, Weekly and then monthly.
    11-14-10 02:56 PM
    basically, if the view is set to daily, then you have to set it to weekly and save and then set it to monthly and save again and then you will have the monthly day view.

Weird and interesting find.
    11-14-10 03:15 PM

That's quite odd. I am on .246 and have my calendar set to Monthly. I never had to go through those steps. I just set it to monthly and then saved. No other steps for me. *scratches head*

I'm glad you found a way for it to work on your phone though! It's just an odd way of having to do it.
    11-14-10 03:23 PM
    That's quite odd. I am on .246 and have my calendar set to Monthly. I never had to go through those steps. I just set it to monthly and then saved. No other steps for me. *scratches head*

I'm glad you found a way for it to work on your phone though! It's just an odd way of having to do it.
    Defiantly odd, but if others have the same problem at least they can see from problem and resolution.

Thanks all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD