Hey everyone,

I'm up for an upgrade and am buying a Torch (I have tried it and I like it). I have a friend who works at the carrier I am purchasing from so I'm just wondering I know there are certain manufacture locations that have been said to be more solid. I'm just wondering what I should look for in that regard, or what I should look for when I'm buying the phone since I will be able to look at a couple and check them over.

I know a wobbly slider is an issue so should I look for a phone with a solid slider?
    11-30-10 12:01 PM
    The slider won't be wobbly out of the box. It will loosen up after a few days worth of slides. Its a crap shoot. My wobble isn't a wobble at all just small movement and I haven't had any issues with my device at all. It works flawlessly for me. Like I said crap shoot. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 12:13 PM
    Is this what were reduced to? Answering question about a wobbly slider for new people.
    11-30-10 12:14 PM
    Honestly, the slider is NOT a problem. A few people have complained about noticeable wobble and I think it's really gotten out of control. There are probably very few incidents of a faulty slider. This is a forum and as typical of people in general, you're going to hear more complaints than praise.

That being said, I love my Torch. I bought the Torch about 3 weeks ago and it's still super solid. Please don't listen to all these crazy "wobble" complaints, it's truly gotten out of hand and I don't believe it is a mass-market problem. One or two people complained and then everyone else started "noticing" extremely small movements from the slider. I wouldn't even justify it as "wiggle" or "wobble". It's a moving device, it's supposed to move...
    11-30-10 12:19 PM
    Is this what were reduced to? Answering question about a wobbly slider for new people.
    I'm not forcing you to do anything I'm simply asking a question so that I don't spend $200 on a device that is faulty. Now being that I don't frequent the forums that often (I do lurk, not really post) it seemed to be a common problem so I thought it would ask. I also remembered people saying torches manufactured in certain places were seemingly more sturdy than others.

Thank you for those who have answered my question.
    11-30-10 12:25 PM
    I'm not forcing you to do anything I'm simply asking a question so that I don't spend $200 on a device that is faulty. Now being that I don't frequent the forums that often (I do lurk, not really post) it seemed to be a common problem so I thought it would ask. I also remembered people saying torches manufactured in certain places were seemingly more sturdy than others.

Thank you for those who have answered my question.
    Nothing personal..

It just gets very redundant when you frequent these forums all the time and have to see this question asked all the time in multiple threads.

The wobble issue has been blown way out of proportion, the best bet is to go to a store and test out some of them. As far as build quality from different locations, I haven't noticed them anywhere on here.

Edit:
    You might want to also try out the physical keyboard since there seems to be a few posts about that not working correctly or feeling "flat" compared to other BB keyboards.
    11-30-10 12:31 PM
    i think the issue about faulty devices was around the launch of the device. Im under the impression most devices have been better since then. But you may get a bad apple. as is always a possibility. good luck! it's a fun phone!
    11-30-10 12:35 PM
    I have a wobbly slider, but after a few days of owning it, and the wobble getting worse, it stopped getting worse and I have now learned how to deal with it.

Unless the slider actually comes off completely, I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 12:41 PM
    Nothing personal..

It just gets very redundant when you frequent these forums all the time and have to see this question asked all the time in multiple threads.

The wobble issue has been blown way out of proportion, the best bet is to go to a store and test out some of them. As far as build quality from different locations, I haven't noticed them anywhere on here.

Edit:
    You might want to also try out the physical keyboard since there seems to be a few posts about that not working correctly or feeling "flat" compared to other BB keyboards.
    Fair enough, I tried searching but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for. I understand it can probably get frustrating seeing the same thing and repeating yourself.

Thanks
    11-30-10 12:46 PM
    i think the issue about faulty devices was around the launch of the device. Im under the impression most devices have been better since then. But you may get a bad apple. as is always a possibility. good luck! it's a fun phone!
    Lol..... a bad APPLE....
    11-30-10 01:08 PM
    The first Torch I got had a slight wiggle on the slider and got it exchanged. This second one is perfect no issues so far been about two months. Both from the same place of manufacturing; Mexico 5

So really there probably isn't one place better than another just your luck
    11-30-10 01:22 PM

This! I think the newer ones are "fixed". Like I said, I got mine around the first week of November and it's great! No issues. If you get one with a wobble, return it to the store. Those who have issues with the phone and didn't return the device can only blame themselves...
    11-30-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD