Been using the Torch 9810 for about 3 months then suddenly last week the phone showed a message: "Built-in memory error please try to reformat".

When I reformatted the phone it just freezes at start-up like forever. The start-up bar just loads around the letter "E" of the Blackberry start-up logo.

Reprogramming and reformatting of the local service centers can not fix the problem.

Any help would be of great use. Thank you.
    03-30-12 12:55 PM
    Hi there... I got the same problem 2 days ago.

Have you solved the problem? I'm frustrated. Is there any master who can solve this?

I've been looking around the web and it's like nothing works!

I got built-in media error for a couple of weeks, and when I repair, it always freezes so I have to pull out the battery. It worked for some time, and then I bought external memory card. When I try to repair it once again, the phone freezes again, pull out the battery, and it stucks 2/3 bar, under the "e" of blackberry logo.

Re'install the OS doesn't work either. Anyone please????

Additional info : I used to have that spinning hour glass before the Blackberry logo. But since this problem occurs, it doesn't show the spinning hour glass.
    11-14-12 03:59 PM
    Forget the service centers! I have not seen that one yet but if it were me, as radical as it seems, I would download BBASK from the web (free--great, great tool)l and then I would do a complete wipe of the phone. Hopefully you have backed up at an earlier date. If not and you can't turn the phone on, I believe that BBASK will give you that option prior to wiping the phone.
    * Then I would delete ALL downloaded OS's from your PC.
    * Delete ALL vendor.xml files from your PC (use your search command on your Windows menu-type in the search line: vendor.xml)
    * Delete ALL Vendor.xml files that you find--should be 2 but there may be more from previous download/upgrades> then deletet them from your recycle bin to be safe)
    *download the newest or preferred OS from this site (Latest are: .694 from ATT/.714 Indo/.746 Cincinnati Bell)
    *Use AppLoader or BBASK to upgrade your phone per the many instructions on this site/forums and then BBDesk Top Manager to backup and restore you info-only!
    After that you hopefully will have fixed the corrupted files causing the issues. Please keep us posted and if you need instructions on how to upgrade using either of these tools, let us know.
    11-14-12 04:29 PM
    But how am I going to wipe my phone because it always freeze before it start runing ?or it restart its self in the process of loading the bar ...am frustrated plz help me ...
    06-30-13 11:40 PM
    I have no idea wha BBASK is or how to go about wiping and reloading my BB torch.
    10-03-13 02:29 PM
    Hi there,

Just stumbled across this thread in passing but the following thread may help - BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

I think it was written in OS6 days but it seems to still be valid, usual health warnings apply!
    10-05-13 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD