I have had major problems on my laptop since switching to Torch from Bold. Both machines are Win7. Everything works perfect on my Desktop PC. I need it to do the same on my Laptop. Running 601 on both machines.

Originally DM would not even recognise my Torch. I was able to resolve this thanks to Enable Charging with USB Driver for Blackberry!.

I still have one issue though. I have a 8GB SD card that I used in my Bold. I open Device Manager and sync Calendar and backup works fine now.

However, when I go to Blackberry Desktop Sofware it says Media Services are no available. You have to turn on Mass Storage. I have a tick next to Media Card support. When I left click and choose Enable USB Mass Storage I get the following message: "built-in media and media card storage are not available because mass storage mode is currently in use"

If I go to Devices and Printers I have in 'Other Devices' a 'RIM Composite Device'. This seems to be the crux of the issue. I look at the driver there and it is Blackberry Smartphone but it is the USB component that is not recognising the driver.

I have tried the following:

- taken out battery and rebooted.
    - reboot with battery out
    - clean reinstall (reinstall DM)
    - compared drivers on both machines
    - downloaded RIM drivers and installed
    - checked drive mappings but drive is not showing
    - format/repair card (not likely since PC recognises the card)

Any thoughts guys?
    Last edited by Petzl; 12-30-10 at 03:51 PM.
    12-30-10 03:40 PM
    Reinstall DM? It seems to be more a computer problem rather than BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 03:43 PM
    Reinstall DM? It seems to be more a computer problem rather than BB.

Thanks Deathcommand but that was done as part of the clean reinstall......unfortunately many times as well!!
    12-30-10 03:53 PM
    So the phones sees the sd card right? Look at option > device > storage on your BB. If yes, then this is a PC issue. On the PC and with the device unplugged, go into the device manager and delete all RIM drivers. Plug in the device and they should be re-installed.

12-30-10 08:09 PM
    So the phones sees the sd card right? Look at option > device > storage on your BB. If yes, then this is a PC issue. On the PC and with the device unplugged, go into the device manager and delete all RIM drivers. Plug in the device and they should be re-installed.

Thanks for the reply shansmi....with the phone out there are no RIM drivers showing. As far as I can tell there are only the 2 Virtual RIM Ports (COM3 and COM4). Do you suggest I remove those?
    12-30-10 10:33 PM
    I forgot that with the device unhooked, all the "devices" might not show up in the device manager. With it hooked up to the PC go through all categories within the device manager and delete everything RIM. Then in the menus choose scan for hardware changes or unplug and plug the device backup. The drivers should load again at that point...

12-30-10 11:19 PM
    Hey,

Is it plugged in the DM? and you are trying to view the storage on your cell?

Unplug it ^^
    12-31-10 12:26 AM
    I forgot that with the device unhooked, all the "devices" might not show up in the device manager. With it hooked up to the PC go through all categories within the device manager and delete everything RIM. Then in the menus choose scan for hardware changes or unplug and plug the device backup. The drivers should load again at that point...

Brilliant.....I had done the uninstall before but I had not removed the virtual ports (leftovers from V5??)!! Scan for Hardware changes and File Manager and Desktop Manager can now see the Media Card!!! (Mafguard - I could see the files via my phone...just not from laptop).

Now I can concentrate on enjoying my phone! I really appreciate the help guys.

Enjoy your New Year!!!
    12-31-10 03:39 AM
    I am not having the same luck on this one, although I did try as indicated

I have spent the last two hours trolling the net and cant find a solution.

In short media sync was working fine with DM6 until i tried to sync this evning, last sync was Jan 5. The media card can be seen in explorer and i can sync contacts but under music,picture and videos I get the same "media services are not available".

I have an 8900 and that syncs all pics on the same PC with no problem at all.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    02-05-11 08:53 AM
    I had an issues with this when I updated to .450. Kept telling me it couldn't read the internal memory of the phone. Didn't say why, just said it couldn't read it and found nothing that I have saved to the phone. I plugged it into my PC and Windows 7 came up with an error that said it wanted to try and fix some issues with files on the drive...I figured what the ****...Windows did it's thing and said that 2 of my ringtones the path was wrong. I deleted them and it worked fine. Not sure if it is the same issue completely but along the same lines and it might help someone out if I put it here.
    02-05-11 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD