I think I have to be doing something wrong with the browser on the Torch.

When I go to a site, the print is tiny, and then I see the magnifying glass, which will make the text/images on the site larger but they are so large that they go way beyond the margins of the screen which requires me to scroll back and forth to read the site.

This can't be the new browser that people are raving about, so I must have a setting messed up somewhere.

The old BB browser (OS5) had a mobile format or mobile mode that would make the site fit the screen on the BB, which is what I want it to do, but that setting isn't in the Torch - as far as I can tell.

I also have Opera Mini installed, and it does a great job of formatting the pages so I can see them without the exercise in zooming and scrolling that I'm going through with the BB browser. There are, however, times when I need to use the BB browser and I'd love to get it working better. So what am I missing?
    12-28-10 01:35 PM
    What if you double-tap your finger on the touchscreen, in an area of the frame that you want to read? Does it size it properly?
    12-28-10 02:09 PM
    Kind of. It zooms it to a larger size, but it's too big and there's a big left margin with blank space so I can't just scroll up and down to read it because then the text moves too much to one side or the other.
    12-28-10 03:00 PM
    Use the spacebar to scroll instead of the trackpad. To do this you have to have
    the browser set up to use the keyboard shortcuts.

Open browser > press menu > Options > put a check in Enable Keyboard Shortcuts >
    press the back button (right of trackpad) > select Save.

T
    = Top of page
    B = Bottom of page
    Shift + Space = One page up
    Space = One page down
    Jazzi-Rocks likes this.
    12-28-10 03:23 PM
    Lower your default font size in ur browser options, that's a start

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 05:07 PM
    Nice tip, I didn't know these browser keyboard shortcuts..

12-28-10 05:19 PM
    That's odd. I use only the BB browser. Everything works fine. When the magnifying glass shows and I press the trackpad, the screen zooms in and automatically resizes to fit the screen. Also when I double-tap, the same happens.
    I'm on my phone now actually and I didn't even have to zoom to see the site or resize.

Are you using an official OS or leaked? Maybe something went wrong in an upgrade/some type of bug? Sorry I can't help more at the moment. But I know that the browser does work better than you are experiencing right now. I hope you can find a fix!

Last edited by ShoshiOne; 12-28-10 at 06:12 PM.
    12-28-10 06:07 PM
    I usually just double tap the screen and that gets it to how you are describing what you want.
    12-28-10 06:20 PM
    I don't think anyone else posted this but you know if you do the "pinch to zoom" function you can make it zoom in as close or as far out as you want? If there's text going off the screen tilt it to it's side and it should fit it then.
    12-28-10 09:58 PM
    Kind of. It zooms it to a larger size, but it's too big and there's a big left margin with blank space so I can't just scroll up and down to read it because then the text moves too much to one side or the other.
    I have the EXACT same problem! I've been searching all over to see if I could find information on it. The print is teeny tiny and the magnifying glass and tapping the screen makes it super huge!

~Jazzi~

Didn't know about the shortcuts, thanks Amazing. As far as my Torch, "no double tapping does not work"
    12-30-10 07:01 PM
    this is the fix... double tap the screen and it goes to what is called column view. if it is too large go to your initial font options and adjust it smaller. I also didnt realize that the double tap did "column view" and searched for the option for a week. zoom is just a plain old annoyance! This was almost a deal breaker and pondered taking it back and using my 9700 but now not so bad.
    12-31-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD