Okay I just got a Torch 2 days ago. I'm really excited, but the ONLY problem with this phone is I can't browse the internet. When I'm on WiFi or 3G, the browser would only load certain pages and would give me the message of:

Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

-or-

Unable to find the requested server.

The weird thing is on WiFi, it could only load Google, and when you search something up it would give me one of those message. While I'm on 3G, none of the pages work except my RSS feeds links, but that is sometimes. I have yet to contact AT&T about my problem, and when I put my sim card back into my 8800 or Curve 8130, Edge loads perfectly fine. Please help me. I know there are a couple threads out there with similar or exact problems, but it doesn't work. =/ Oh also, everything else works such as AIM, RSS feeds, Weather Channel, Youtube up to a certain point.
    10-18-10 03:02 AM
    I have the same issue but only with one site: cnn.com . All other sites I know of are fine. Have you tried re-sending your service books to your phone to see if that fixes the issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 05:54 AM
    When i try to log into "myaccount" app on my phone, it says the same message. Also when i go on the browser to blackberry sites like the blackberry internet service site, it says that message, then after that all the other sites doesnt work.

I reserviced the books, did a battery pull, nothing worked
    10-18-10 08:38 AM
    Check your browser settings. If nothing seems amiss, do a wipe and reload OS .246 as well pulling the battery afterward.
    10-18-10 10:16 AM
    I've only had problems with connecting to BIS via wifi... It works at my fiance's house (they have WEP).. my house connects via WPA2 personal...and browser doesn't load.

When I'm on WEP, the BB logo is beside both the 3G and the Wifi logo.. meaning I have BIS for both... When I'm at home on WPA, it doesn't show the BB logo beside the wifi logo... meaning BIS is only thru 3G...

This subsequently screws up my browser and I can't load pages... once I turn off wifi, the browser works fine.
    10-18-10 10:45 AM
    I have not seen this BIS logo anywhere since I got the phone. The first thing I did when I got the phone was update to the latest OS that Blackberry Manager offered me. Also, I saw another thread that goes to "Advanced Options" then "Host Routing Table" and registered WiFi. But everything else says Cingular which confuses me since my carrier switched names to AT&T. Also, it didn't work.
    10-18-10 11:22 AM
    Hhhhmmm weird. I did a battery pull just now and set the browser permission to allow everything and everything works. Is the BIS logo the BB symbol next to the 3G? I have yey to try WiFi yet so I will keep this thread updated.

10-18-10 01:52 PM
    Is the BIS logo the BB symbol next to the 3G?
    You would be correct sir
    10-18-10 02:02 PM
    Was having th esame problem. Go to "Unlocked 9800 - Everything works - Instructions" post (normally at top of posts)
    Good luck.
    Last edited by dominicnoon; 10-18-10 at 03:28 PM.
    10-18-10 03:23 PM
    Was having th esame problem. Go to "Unlocked 9800 - Everything works - Instructions" post (normally at top of posts)
    Good luck.
    Hhhmmm... I don't need to unlock my Torch since I have AT&T. And I don't have my old BBs as the USB ports are all broken and do not charge.

BTW, my browser stopped working again. I get the BIS symbol as well as the 3G but it would give either messages.

*Update* Now it works again..... Ughhhh
    Last edited by D3vin; 10-18-10 at 07:21 PM.
    10-18-10 07:16 PM
    we exactly have the same issue!

everytime i browse, i always have to do a battery pull in order for my browser to work!

am running a .246 OS, unlocked. this never happened to me until i upgraded to this OS.
    10-18-10 10:05 PM
    Hhhmmm... I don't need to unlock my Torch since I have AT&T. And I don't have my old BBs as the USB ports are all broken and do not charge.

BTW, my browser stopped working again. I get the BIS symbol as well as the 3G but it would give either messages.

*Update* Now it works again..... Ughhhh
    D3vin...was trying to be helpful. Good luck finding a solution

Did I forget to mention that have AT&T phone also.

Dominic
    10-19-10 10:59 AM
    D3vin...was trying to be helpful. Good luck finding a solution

Did I forget to mention that have AT&T phone also.

Dominic
    Oh no, I don't mean to offend you. Just I don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking the phone. But thank you very much for your help. I registered every service book there was on the list and pulled out the battery. Everything works now.
    Last edited by D3vin; 10-19-10 at 08:42 PM.
    10-19-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD