Hi, my browser has issues. Every so often, when I click on the browser icon nothing appears to happen but it is as if it has loaded in the background. I am unable to use any other icon until I press the red 'hang up' button to exit. Same thing happens using the Youtube app etc.

This can happen a couple of times a day and I need to do a battery pull to get it working again but this does not fix it because it will happen a day or so later. So annoying to do a battery pull, does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks!
    11-15-10 05:26 AM
    I just discovered this as well. I'm on .337 and I don't believe I've experienced it before .337. I might try downgrading to .246

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 05:54 AM
    I would say something went corrupt on an OS install. I haven't heard of this issue until today. I would say to reinstall the OS. I've been running .337 since its leak and have had no browser issues at all.
    11-15-10 06:08 AM
    I have been on 337 since it first leaked and this same thing happened to me yest for the first time. I installed socialscope yest morning and was thinking it might be related. Do you guys by chance have it installed also ?

11-15-10 06:11 AM
    i also believe it has something to do with the latest OS.. 6.0.0.337.
    i never had any problems with the browser from .141 to .246
    11-15-10 06:23 AM
    I get it on .246 (Voda UK)
    11-15-10 07:30 AM
    I haven't downloaded any new apps and do not have socialscope at all

11-15-10 01:17 PM
    same happens to me... i think it might be the OS.

does anyone also notice when typing text messages the text appearance LAGS quite a bit?? it annoys the **** out of me... this OS didn't make the phone faster at all.
    11-15-10 04:19 PM
    The same thing happens to mine sometimes and I am on .246 however it never happened when I was on .141
    11-16-10 01:53 PM
    Hi, my browser has issues. Every so often, when I click on the browser icon nothing appears to happen but it is as if it has loaded in the background. I am unable to use any other icon until I press the red 'hang up' button to exit. Same thing happens using the Youtube app etc.

This can happen a couple of times a day and I need to do a battery pull to get it working again but this does not fix it because it will happen a day or so later. So annoying to do a battery pull, does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Thanks!
    I have also just started to experience this on .337 after installing as soon as the leak was released. However the work around for me is to launch the browser by doing a universal search on a topic and the browser icon starts to work again.

I actually discovered this by searching this exact issue using the search CrackBerry forum icon which I downloaded off the back of a blog a few weeks back. This was a very frustrating issue until now and this aside .337 is the best os so far in my opinion. Hope this works

11-30-10 03:25 AM
    This happens to me as well. I find it happens when I try to launch a link from the FB app. It never loads. So, I try to open the browser manually and that doesn't work either, so I have to do a battery pull to get things right again.

11-30-10 07:16 AM
    The browser sometimes hangs for me to when I ask it to load. Most of the time it works... but every once in a while it doesn't. I still haven't found any specific events that make this happen. It seems to be completely random.

I never had this problem with 141. It started when I upgraded to 246.

11-30-10 10:20 AM
    My torch came with .246 and never had this problem, after upgrading to .337 the problem started, but even downgrading back to .246 doesn't fix the problem now. Really sucks
    12-01-10 10:19 AM
    Same issue with 6.0.0.337. Closing-reopening the browser helps.
    12-14-10 09:27 AM
    Ive used every leak/official OS to date and have yet to have this happen. Currently running a hybrid OS and it doesnt happen on that either.
    12-14-10 09:34 AM
    No probs for me on 336

12-14-10 12:54 PM
    I have the same issue with .337, it never happened with any of the earlier releases. So far a battery pull has been the only (temporary) solution.
    12-14-10 04:43 PM
    Anyone try clearing the cache or running the memory cleaner? I have ran every available load and then some but have never seen this issue. I run several apps including SocialScope. What languages are installed? I only have US English installed but do also have the extra financial and medical terms options installed. I know pre 246 loads had spell checker issues if those were installed ( FB and Twitter at least).

Strange issue. Anyone try a clean install and only loading up RIM apps?

12-14-10 07:38 PM
    I've also just started experiencing this....with 337. Usually what causes it to hang in my case was clicking a link on twitter. I have started to clear the cache every few days and have not had it hang since. Still...rather annoying to say the least.
    12-14-10 07:56 PM
    Are these full links or bit.fly?

12-14-10 08:31 PM
    I am pretty sure they are full links....but I don't know what a bit.fly is, so perhaps they could be those!
    12-14-10 08:49 PM
    If clicking on a link in a tweet. It will not say "www.testlink.com". Bitfly just shortens the link.

12-14-10 09:38 PM
    ...must be bitfly then, never seen
    testlink.com
    12-14-10 09:46 PM
    No, that was just an example url.

12-14-10 10:17 PM
    Occasionally this issue happens to me, I'm also using .337. A battery pull always fixes it if it doesn't fix itself.

3 nights ago I did a "clean" install of .337 (for other reasons) and have yet to have this issue...at least yet anyway.

My biggest issue right now is with using the virtual keyboard in the Browser. The issue is that when I'm typing within text fields, whether portrait or landscape (using the virtual KB), if I type even moderately fast and it has to "think" for even a second, my Browser crashes! Almost everytime too! Wicked annoying! What I mean by "crashes" is it closes any and all open tabs and goes back to the main start page where my bookmarks and history are. The only work around I've found is to just type with the physical keyboard (which I'm doing right now - otherwise the browser would've crashed by now and I would have lost everything I've written so far!)

So, has anyone had that issue??

12-18-10 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD