Hello everyone. I have had the Torch for about 2 weeks and I love the performance of it. The phone came preinstalled with .141 and so I quickly updated to .337. There was a huge difference for the better. Im not convinced that battery life is better but the phone is more fluid and browser is way better except one little problem. I go on forums to post , much like this page, and I will be in the middle of typing a response and the Browser closes and goes right to the bookmarks. At first I thought I was hitting the wrong botton but I see it does it all the time now. I downgraded to .246 and I dont seem to have this problem and I put .337 back on but not the official 337 and Im still having this problem. Before I did the upgrade I though I read about this but I cant seem to find it now. What is the problem?Can it be corrected besides going back to .246? I dont want to do that as .337 has been such a hit but i love posting on my groups. Any help or suggestions?
    11-21-10 08:50 AM
    I had the same issue with 337 and went back to 246 because of it. Which keyboard do you use? It seems to be isolated to the reduced keyboard in portrait mode. I use the reduced keyboard about 90% of the time, so this was a dealbreaker for me. I'm hoping the next leak won't have this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:55 AM
    I always use the full keyboard whether Im in potrait or landscape. I havent taken noticed as to when it would happen so I guess I will have to try and type on it in both scenes to see when it does or doesnt happen.
    11-21-10 08:59 AM
    I hardly ever use the full touchscreen keyboard but I don't know if it does the same thing on my Torch. However, when I posted about it in another thread, nobody else reported the same issue and they were all using the full keyboard. Its very weird that this bug only affects certain phones.

11-21-10 09:13 AM
    I posted about this a couple weeks ago with the same problem.

I finally got around to wiping my device and reloading .337, and so far the glitche seems to be gone, as I am typing this from my Torch.

Also, I had this problem no matter which keyboard I used.

11-21-10 05:46 PM
    I only get it when using the touchscreen keyboard in both portriat or landscape. I'd downgrade back to .246 but I'm too lazy.

11-21-10 07:50 PM
    I've had the error too, but mine is preceded by "The browser is low on memory" or something similar.... then it closes.
    11-21-10 08:03 PM
    do a full security wipe and rebuild to correct this issue. sync first of course...
    11-21-10 08:15 PM
    Did a complete wipe with BBSAK and reinstalled 337...still having the same issue with the onscreen keyboard. I'm posting from the hardware keyboard...guess I'm going back to 246. Damn, that wasted over an hour!

11-21-10 10:52 PM
    you did a wipe and complete rebuild - restored nothing? actually i meant a full security wipe...sorry
    11-21-10 10:56 PM
    Did a complete wipe so that phone displayed "Error 507" and then loaded 337. Should I be doing it a different way?

11-21-10 11:05 PM
    This was almost a deal breaker for me with this os. I did a complete wipe and reinstalled .337 and I still had problem. I downgraded to .246 and I wasn't having this problem but I love how my phone functions on .337 so I went back to it and now whenever I have to type any messages on a webpage opened on my browser , I will just use my physical keyboard which I wasn't aware didn't suffer from this same problem. I just don't understand why this is just a problem when typing on the browser and it doesn't affect when typing on facebook , text message etc. I'm staying .337 because my phone works extremly smooth with it.

11-22-10 07:33 AM
    It seems that error has variations.

.337 is definitely a better build, but that glitch is/was a definite PITA. Luckily, its gone for me... For now. *crosses fingers*

However, I haven't tried it on either of the on-screen keyboard. It didn't do it on the sure press keyboard, but on the landscap keyboard the glitch showed up... Bummer!

I mostly use the physical keyboard anyway... But hopefully, there is a build that fixes this for everyone, on all keyboards. Or is there a hybrid?

11-22-10 08:48 AM
    I think it has something to do with the auto correct/suggestion feature. It looked different when typing, and I notice my phone only resets the browser when Im typing fairly quick and make a mistake and I go to hit the backspace, it resets, never fails.
    11-22-10 09:53 AM
    I think it has something to do with the auto correct/suggestion feature. It looked different when typing, and I notice my phone only resets the browser when Im typing fairly quick and make a mistake and I go to hit the backspace, it resets, never fails.
    Same here, when I pick up the pace it always glitches out on me. I did a fresh install and restored nothing and the same issue persisted. 246 runs pretty well for me and I really have no complaints with it. I have never had 337 on my phone long enough to notice any big differences, so I guess I'm happy not knowing what I'm missing.

11-22-10 12:55 PM
    Guess maybe I never type fast enough for it to happen? Been on .337 since it leaked and nearly always use the virtual keyboard with predictive on and have never had this happen.
    11-22-10 01:00 PM
    Ok so I stayed with .337 and still having the problem as described so I decided to do a test and I shut off the predictive for the typing and guess what? I don't have the problem anymore. The only bad thing is that I make a lot of mistakes so I have to go back and fix everything but at least my browser doesn't crash. This is the only problem that I have with this build and fortunately there's a fix although not the best fix.

11-24-10 05:39 AM
    Ok so I stayed with .337 and still having the problem as described so I decided to do a test and I shut off the predictive for the typing and guess what? I don't have the problem anymore. The only bad thing is that I make a lot of mistakes so I have to go back and fix everything but at least my browser doesn't crash. This is the only problem that I have with this build and fortunately there's a fix although not the best fix.

What keyboard do you use in portrait mode? I use the SureType regularly and I don't think you can turn off the predictive option and I wouldn't want to.

11-24-10 08:26 AM
    This happens to me all the time when I use the physical keyboard.
    01-24-11 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD