I'm trying to view wow.joystiq.com. On my Bold9000, it displays the mobile version which I like. But when I do it on the Torch, it always propagates the full version. How do I set my browser on the Torch to display the mobile versions of sites as a preference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 11:20 AM
    You can't set any preferences in the new browser like you could before. Usually you can access mobile sites directly by using m.domain.com instead of www .domain.com. Go to m.joystiq.com and you'll get the mobile version.
    12-08-10 12:33 PM
    I'm sure its because of the website itself, not your phone, why I'm saying that ? well go on my site, StupidAct.com with any blackberry and you will get the mobile page, on pc it goes to the original page.

the way I detect this is I read the info that the phone is sending, and if it say Blackberry (no matter what version) it does the match and redirect to the mobile site.

If the website don't look for the word Blackberry, and instead look for the full browser string which have the version and all that, an exact comparison will be hard to keep up to date

On torch 9800 the browser string is [Mozilla/5.0 (Blackberry; U; Blackberry 9800; en) AppleWebKit/534.1 +(KHTML,like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+]
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 12-08-10 at 04:44 PM. Reason: making it clearer
    12-08-10 03:29 PM
    the right word of that browser string is user agent by the way (not sure why I didnt remember that)
    12-08-10 05:07 PM
    12-08-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD