OK. I've been using BB for a more than 4 years now and I feel like having enough. BB is probably one of the worst legacy support company of all. And I don't mean OS4/5 legacy, but 2011/12 9810 OS7.1 legacy. And, just for a record, 8520 was still available by T-mobile in my country just a few months ago.

What's bothering me so much is that they had updated BBM some two weeks ago and that latest version made my 9810 very unresponsive and almost unuseable. After an upgrade BBM just dissapeared form menus, but is listed in BB World and I can't delete nor reinstall it. Only thing that would help is wipe/clean install, and I'm not feeling like doing it, hoping for BB to resolve problems with latest BBM. And what's more important my phone acts wierd, probably due to deep BBM integration. Viber/ BeBuzz, Endomondo and Internet Banking applications hangs and only solution is restarting which eventually helps for one application only. Nightmare!

Just go to the reviews section of BBM in BB World and you'll se what I'm talking about. There's a mass of users complaining about an issue giving one star "It doesn't show in the menu" rating. And BB does NOTHING about it!

I understand they're coping to get together and keep what is left of the market share that they once had, but ignoring such a issue with BBM is unforgivable. Ironically, at the same time, they trying agressively to push their BBM service to compete with Viber/ WhatsApp/ Skype making it multiplatform application while ignoring their own loyal users.

Paying for BIS every month while not having almost any use of it and actually just having problems - I don't know. BB devices have always made me different in my surroundings - and I always liked to be somehow different. I have a PlayBook too (better not to mention PB OS10 story). I'm not sure I have nerves for another BB device with which BlacBerry will let me down.
    02-28-14 12:06 PM
    What's more the problem, potentially (I had a 9810 too prior to Z10), is that the apps that use BBM integration need to be updated to account for the updated BBM. That happens on more than just BB legacy devices, but on devices in general. If one app or program updates then typically the others that utilize it's functions need to update to account for changes in coding or indexing.

That's not to say that it's not frustrating to see, but might be more than just a legacy support issue for BBM alone.
    02-28-14 12:11 PM
    Name a carrier that does a lot to support a two-or-three-year old device. Quite a few manufacturers don't support their devices much longer than that. In fact, I had one particular phone that didn't get support beyond one year. And I've seen new software releases that fubared new phones, not just OS, but even various apps, as well. Had one happen just the other day.

It's called planned obsolescence. If your phone worked forever, you might not buy a new one. Hence, you get changes that you might not like or disagree with. It's just a part of electronic life, as much as we may hate it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-28-14 12:13 PM
    All I know about BBM integration is that after installing an application it ask for a permission for BBM integration. I don't remember if BBM upgrade also triggers applications to reintegrate with it. Nevertheless, all previous BBM updates haven't had any issues for me.

I do understand a fast pacing industry which dictates fast obsolescence of our phones and I do admit it has an influence in my discontent. It's my problem naturally. On the other hand, latest update made my and the phones of mamy more users nearly unusuable. Just check the reviews. And that's something that shouldn't happen and if it happens, should be fixed as soon as possible.

Let's assume Windows XP update makes OS very unstable. Should Microsoft allow themselves two weeks of doing nothing about it? Or will them withdraw an update immediately after receiving a negative feedback and make a hotfix for influenced users? Just an example, not wanting to give MS or any other company any credit.
    02-28-14 12:45 PM