I Just bought BB Torch 9810 from souq.com but when i turned it on , most of app e.g FB wasnt working so i opened BB World App to upgrade. Now each time i open BB World App,it ask for upgrade. After clicking UPGRADE, a browser window pops up n then disappear, Again it asks to UPGRADE BB World APP & this step keeping looping. Now no app is upgrading as i cant login to BB World app & neither it upgrading.
    Plz any help to go beyond this UPGRADE step?

BlackBerry World App not upgrading-bb1.jpg
    BlackBerry World App not upgrading-bb2.jpg
    BlackBerry World App not upgrading-bb3.jpg
    02-12-18 10:47 AM
    You have no SIM card in there and therefore, no BIS plan, therefore no access to BlackBerry services. You need a SIM with a BIS plan attached to it or you can try installing Opera Mini and manually find the BlackBerry World .jad files but even those are disappearing from the internet because, well it's BBOS and people have moved on. And FB won't work anyway since the app is no longer supported and is dead on BBOS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-12-18 11:31 AM
    I did inserted sim but nothing happened except same creepy UPGRADE msg loop.. keep asking UPGRADE and opening browser ...
    02-13-18 07:32 AM
    I did inserted sim but nothing happened except same creepy UPGRADE msg loop.. keep asking UPGRADE and opening browser ...
    You need a BIS plan for that BlackBerry, not just a sim card

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    02-13-18 07:36 AM
    I have been using the same sim in BB 9900 for over 6 months it all were working f9.. There is no concept of BIS Plan.....
    02-13-18 07:41 AM
    Also sim has active data plan as it used to be in 9900...
    02-13-18 07:44 AM
    OP, with things in flux with BlackBerry, it might be time for you to look for a new phone.

Things can shut down or other things can happen.

There may not be a solution to this problem.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    02-16-18 10:41 AM
    Such a stupid company.. If they are not providing support/solution for their products then they should have removed them from market, Its not a proper way to sale and promote new devices by removing support for older devices...
    Surely i have dumped my money...
    02-22-18 10:18 PM
    Such a stupid company.. If they are not providing support/solution for their products then they should have removed them from market, Its not a proper way to sale and promote new devices by removing support for older devices...
    Really?

You do realize that the 9800 is almost 6 years old. It's been EOL for several years now. BIS is ending at the end of 2019.

Have you not been paying attention to the news about BlackBerry for the last few years?
    02-22-18 11:39 PM
    You didn't buy it new from BlackBerry... they have been basically "removed from the market". Last BB OS phone was made in 2013.
    03-05-18 03:49 PM