It is so unfair, in states and I believe the UK its 30 days remorse. If you look at the fine print of any contract, I did a hardware upgrade and it was clearly listed 15 days and/or 15 mins of talktime whichever comes first. I am not sure if its a BlackBerry policy since other carriers are different. They may want us to believe that but I dont think so.
    11-22-10 08:18 PM
    It is so unfair, in states and I believe the UK its 30 days remorse. If you look at the fine print of any contract, I did a hardware upgrade and it was clearly listed 15 days and/or 15 mins of talktime whichever comes first. I am not sure if its a BlackBerry policy since other carriers are different. They may want us to believe that but I dont think so.
    It is actually Blackberry's policy as per the Blackberry representatives, but policies vary by country
    11-22-10 08:24 PM
    It is actually Blackberry's policy as per the Blackberry representatives, but policies vary by country
    My Telus rep has told me this too.
    11-22-10 08:26 PM
    I agree 100%. The torch is a terrible device. I actually enjoyed my storm more than this thing. Switching back to my 9700 tonight. Its sad how hard RIM and ATT are pushing the Torch on tv and all. Big dissapointmenet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What don't you like? I was hoping to see a theme from you. The Torch is not a WOW device. It takes some time coming from a 9700 type phone but I would expect it to take less coming from a Storm.

11-22-10 08:28 PM
    Correction just checked my receipt, and its 15 days or 30 minutes of talk time eventhough the sales representative said 15 minutes.
    11-22-10 08:28 PM
    Ya with Rogers I think its 15 days
    And 30 minutes

11-22-10 08:47 PM
    I bought the Torch the day it came out and after 10 days of total frustration I took it back and got an iPhone. At first I loved the iPhone and all the cool apps but after about 6 weeks I realized it was more the apps I liked than the iPhone. My iPhone is now sitting on a shelf and I bought another Torch. I couldn't be happier with the Torch now. Of course there are a couple of apps that I wish were available for BlackBerry but overall the BlackBerry platform is much more to my liking. I've had numerous BlackBerrys and the Torch is at the top for me.
    11-22-10 09:28 PM
    Ya with Rogers I think its 15 days
    And 30 minutes

Correct, 15 days or 30 mins of talk time.....after that you get a lovely refurb unit lol.
    11-22-10 10:02 PM
    My blackberry torch wont let me delete a picture folder that i accidentally select to hide. even tho i try to make it hidden and try to turn it back when i go to delete it still continues to stay there. Does anybody have any idea how i can get rid of the folder? thanks!!!
    11-22-10 10:59 PM
    None of the issues since I got mine 2 months back !
    Have literally used all the OS upgrades that have come my way... Yet, no issues with them either!
    11-23-10 02:21 AM
    This is my 3th BB, so I have a lot of experience with them.My torch is not slow,very responsive,battery usually last 2 days long.
    11-23-10 04:50 AM
    Sad to say, but its true.

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

One of RIM's biggest letdown devices.
    You probably need to update the software on your phone, I will admit, when I first bought the Torch, I had those issues that you mentioned. I LOVE this phone...it works great now once I updated the software to v6.0.0.246 Bundle695. Platform6.4.0.105....Give it a shot.
    11-23-10 08:30 AM
    ^make that 6.0.0.337
    11-23-10 08:46 AM
    None of those problems with my Torch. The best of the 5 blackberry phones i have had.
    11-23-10 08:49 AM
    Click-clack noises...

[QUOTE=elite1;5800682]Why don't you just make some click-clack noises with your tongue while using the Torch's big-boy touchscreen so you can reminisce about your Storm.
    11-23-10 08:58 AM
    None of those problems with my Torch. The best of the 5 blackberry phones i have had.
    i have a tie with the Bold 9000 and the Torch 9800 as the BEST BB.
    11-23-10 08:59 AM
    My blackberry torch wont let me delete a picture folder that i accidentally select to hide. even tho i try to make it hidden and try to turn it back when i go to delete it still continues to stay there. Does anybody have any idea how i can get rid of the folder? thanks!!!
    Try these:
    - go to Options > Memory, then press menu key and hit Repair (SD card or device memory, where ever the folder is)
    - take the battery out
    - If one of those two didn't work, try connecting the BB to a PC and put the BB in Mass Storage Mode, then delete the folder from there

I totally agree! UNTIL! I got my replacement Torch... turns out I just got really unlucky. Replaced the the day I got it. Dropped calls, metallic echo during calls, wouldnt pick up half the calls, and the screen was extremely loose i thought it would break off if I tapped it with a feather! The replacement is AWESOME! not a single thing to complain about. This is a fact of technology. Some work, some dont. Luck of the draw. My father just bought an iPod Touch (the newest gen) and nothing on it worked (i mean screen didnt rotate, wifi didn't work, music didnt even play!). It was returned and a new one bought, and it works wonders. Instead of whining about products, perhaps a tech swap is in order... or, downgrade to low-tech again, then b***h about how much you miss your berry with everything it could do! your call!
    Ditto.

10 char
    Last edited by CASH; 11-23-10 at 10:11 AM.
    11-23-10 10:08 AM
    Agreed the torch is the best Blackberry for me yet. Got the new white edition a week ago and sold all my other BB's the day after. I love it so much. Hope there a lot more to come when they update Os6
    11-23-10 10:36 AM
    Wondering if you two switched from your previous BB using the Device Switch Wizard in DM?
    You may have some leftover OS 5 setting(s) that is incompatible, hence the error.

I would back up your BB with DM, and then use a 3rd party desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup your apps and to wipe your device. Load on a higher device, and then selectively do your Restore of your info with DM. Likewise, use the other program to restore your apps, but just 1 or 2 at a time.
    Hopefully this narrow down what's conflicting.

So keep complaining (directed @ OP not shadow), or set aside a couple hours and most likely fix this issue.
    good thought, I honestly never thought of that, yes I did use the device switch wizard in DM, the wierd thing is with this error, it is only with one charger that it does it with, I use my mom's blackberry charger and it is fine, its really wierd but like I said it does not seem to interfere with the function of the phone so I am not too too worried about it
    11-23-10 10:54 AM
    I've had blackberries going back to....well...the one in the picture with my name (2001/2 ish).

I love the torch - best one so far by a long shot, 2nd favourite was 9000 which I held onto since 6 months before it was officially launched until I got my torch last month.

I'm in RIM's target market and it works great for me!

All personal opinion, but that seems appropriate for this thread.
    11-23-10 12:34 PM
    Sad to say, but its true.

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

One of RIM's biggest letdown devices.
    "One size does not fit all." Every Blackberry is not for everyone and the Torch is no exception. I'm satisfied with my Torch and will probably use it until RIM produces a 4G device that I want.....with the original BOLD(or similar) form factor. But, the latest hybrids are working great regarding certain issues, IMO. I'm never amazed at those that take the time to put their device on blast as opposed to taking it back and getting another or just wait for the next "flavor-of the-week"/new smartphone. Blackberries are not for everyone. But to say that you HATE a device that you purchased is giving said device too much control. Unless you're stuck with it(30 days are up), either return it or sell it. Otherwise, make it work for you.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-23-10 at 04:39 PM.
    jcp007 and amazinglygraceless like this.
    11-23-10 01:45 PM
    Best phone I ever owned. ZERO problems.
    11-23-10 03:58 PM
    best phone I've ever owned, but my battery life sucks!
    11-23-10 04:55 PM
    Must be an Apple troll... I have heard great things about the Torch - even the Clam.
    11-23-10 05:04 PM
    Well, statements like that are about as useless as a third nipple.

Had a Blackberry 9700 (Bold), broke it, and the insurer replaced it with a 9800. Bought the 9700 knowing the 9800 was coming out in a week but I didn't want an iPhone-ish device, or a slideout keyboard (hey, I've owned flip phones since the late 90s, getting a smartphone was difficult enough). That said, I'm slowly coming around, and liking my Torch more and more.

So lets see...I'll go ahead and venture that your battery is dying by 6pm because everything is turned on, and you spend a lot of time in a low signal service area. Bluetooth, GPS, and WiFi all drain the battery. Have you ever considered buying a battery optimizer from the App World or using a Smart WiFi app? Besides (and sorry to all of you in advance) aside from draining your battery, walking around with a bluetooth tumor in your ear does not say "I'm important!", it says "I'm somebody's assistant who lives their life at someone else's beck and call." Truly important people don't need to be super-glued to their phone; that have staffs.
    So what other issues are you having...:
    slow: Mine's not. In fact, it's a little faster than my 9700. Check to make sure you have the most up to date software. OS6 is new, ya know... And remember to close out programs when you're done. 12 running programs will slow down the best of them.
    unresponsive: well, isn't that kind of the same thing as slow? Occasionally my 9800 is delay-unresponsive, but it's almost always the optical pad or the touch scroll. My solution (works 100% of the time): if the optical pad isn't responding, scroll once with the screen; if the screen scroll doesn't work, scroll once with the pad. Every time I try it, it breaks the hang up and I can again scroll/navigate with either the screen or pad (I still prefer the pad...)
    dropped calls: That would probably be your carrier, not your phone. My cell strength is on slightly better than my 9700 and on par with my Samsung Rugby before that. If it is your phone, you could have a bad antenna, which necessitates replacement.
    freezes: It's probably not the phone, but a third party app. World Clock used to freeze up my 9700 if I didn't close it out when I was done. Check the forums for problems with your apps. My 9800 has never frozen.
    11-23-10 05:42 PM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD