This thread is still going?

Chinookman likes this.
    11-27-10 08:01 AM
    yeah of all the threads, I'm surprised tucker hasn't made his way into this one.
    11-27-10 08:10 AM
    yeah of all the threads, I'm surprised tucker hasn't made his way into this one.
    I just figured that I would stay out of this one because the title pretty much explains it all. I actually get tired of bashing the junk that Blackberry calls it's "best phone ever" . Thank you for thinking of me though.
    11-27-10 08:16 AM
    I just figured that I would stay out of this one because the title pretty much explains it all. I actually get tired of bashing the junk that Blackberry calls it's "best phone ever" . Thank you for thinking of me though.
    What would a bashing be without you
    11-27-10 09:17 AM
    This thread is still going?

WHY are You still allowing this useless thread to thrive...???

Please kill it...!
    11-27-10 09:19 AM
    ^^ no way! this is way too entertaining to watch people defending their purchase. I see this all the time on car forums, but seeing people defend their cell phone purchase is a first.
    11-27-10 11:26 AM
    Sad to say, but its true.

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

One of RIM's biggest letdown devices.
    Slowness: What OS do you have? Go to the application manager (under options or universal search it), scroll over to CPU, and tell me how much is being used by what. That'll help you find if something's running in the background constantly. Are you using any 3rd party themes? If none of these work then it's that particular device, not Torches in general

Unresponsiveness: I haven't experienced any unresponsiveness, but if you elaborate we could possibly find your problem, though it's usually the OS...

Drops calls: This isn't Torches in general. This is either your particular device or your carrier.

Freezes: the only time mine freezes is when I run certain apps (or try to maintain multitasking of 5 or 6 CPU intense apps...), so give us some examples of when it freezes, and we might be able to help

Battery life: The only time I've had battery life troubles was a day when I left at 7AM or so and played about 3 hours of pinball, watched a movie, wazed all day (waze is an application that uses the screen, and network, and GPS pretty much constantly), and did the usual email and social feeds, etc. With all of this it got to about 10% around 5PM... I used it only for phonecalls, BBM, and email/social feeds, and it lasted for another 5 hours. Also, the power was out, and while I don't know when it went out the phone was sitting there in bedside mode for probably at least an hour or 2. So it lasted 10 hours on more use than any sane person would normally do, and when I only used it for communication, and nothing else, it kept up a speed that would have had it last just over four days... So battery life hasn't been a problem for me.

Either the problem is your specific phone/OS/carrier, or you're lying/exaggerating, but either way, just get a new phone, I can see you don't like blackberry anymore...
    11-27-10 12:17 PM
    User error perhaps?
    Nailed it, give a dog a coconut and he'll think it's useless too.
    11-27-10 03:52 PM
    if you are getting dropped calls due to signal limitations, your battery needs to be charged at least twice a day, and you dont want to check messages because turning your screen on drops your battery 5%, then dont get the iphone or captivate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You're joking about this right?

11-27-10 07:39 PM
    If he's talking about the iphone then maybe he's Serious. LOL!

11-27-10 08:00 PM
    If he's talking about the iphone then maybe he's Serious. LOL!

LOL....you're right, I didn't think about that.

11-27-10 08:40 PM
    This is the best device I've ever owned so far!
    11-27-10 11:09 PM
    Nailed it, give a dog a coconut and he'll think it's useless too.
    That's just terrific! Metaphor of the month!
    11-27-10 11:20 PM
    Right I never had a dropped call rarely slow and unresponsive the only problem I have with this phone is the slider being slight wiggly but then again every slider has that.... But myabe u had a bad device cause I had one like yours but that one didn't even drop calls so get a new one cause mine now is bugless and I'm liking my torch each and everyday more and more

11-28-10 12:18 AM
    my torch is perfectly fine... haven't expericed any slow down, any drop calls, battery life practically last me a day and a half.. my torch batt life last much longer than my 9000... so I don't know if you bought a torch... maybe you bought one of those samsung ones.... please verify your device if it is a RIM product.
    11-28-10 12:42 AM
    maybe you bought one of those samsung ones.... please verify your device if it is a RIM product.

Judging by his title,maybe he would be happier with one.

To each their own.
    11-28-10 10:45 AM
    c'mon people. put the fanboy aspect of yourself to rest and think about it objectively.
    11-28-10 06:10 PM
117 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD