My torch has never froze up, Slider is ok(wont say its good cause the slight wobble is annoying), have never had a dropped call(i live in a fuzzy coverage area), touch screen is plenty responsive, and the battery lasts well over a day even though I charge it nightly.

Overall I'm very happy with my device and so are plenty of others. I would have to say you got a lemon. If my device started doing what the OP's is I would have taken it back on day 2 lol.

Anyone besides me getting sick of seeing these threads? "I hate my torch", "torch is the worst BB to date", blah blah blah blah. Why people feel the need to come here and post this stuff when they know damn well it just starts a flame war.

Final thought,

If you dont like the device then take it back or sell it and get another. Stop coming to the forums and posting this crap cause all it does is start a flame war.
    iMiiTH, branflakes, Janye and 1 others like this.
    11-22-10 06:59 AM
    What OS are you using? When the Torch was first released on AT&T it was rather buggy and had some lag issues, but since then there have been several OS leaks that have really improved the performance of the devive. Maybe you need to update the OS, or return the device in the event it's faulty. BTW - There is nothing wrong with posting your not satisfied with the Torch...but you should do it in a more mature manner. There are a lot of really great folks on here that would gladly help you with the issues you are having if you would just explain your problems with the device rather than rant. Just my two cents. In the end, if you don't like it, return it and get something that will better fit your needs.

Sad to say, but its true.

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

One of RIM's biggest letdown devices.
    Last edited by DawgMan; 11-22-10 at 09:37 AM.
    11-22-10 07:13 AM
    I LOVE MY TORCH!! I had a BB Storm which was awful! Battery life was crapped, dropped calls etc. Swapped it for an iPhone which was nice and great for the internet but calls on it was horrendous! Now i'm back with BB and i'm in love again! Different network so that could be it but currently its my favourite phone!
    11-22-10 07:13 AM
    you guys should simply ignore thread like this. It's the typical attention seeking post. Just let them have their 2 minutes of fame, let them blog about it, let them tweet and post on their facebook status about it. But don't feed into the fire by defending the device (the board is always quick to do). the OP isn't looking for advice or suggestion. Telling him your device works flawlessly doesn't help so simply ignore post like this. good day and enjoy your new device sir.
    gny78 and iMiiTH like this.
    11-22-10 08:57 AM
    Congrats Chris, you are right on...Torch is actually worse than the Storm2. It is the first new berry i have hated and not kept...Piece o garbage..even Crackberry Kevin went back to the 9700/9780...

All the hates on here bashing him, get a life...Appreciate all the opinions here and learn from them.

**** the Torch drove me to my iphone4 right now...I am going back to a 9780 if att ever gets it but the Torch needs to be blown out by RIM..
    11-22-10 09:12 AM
    i have a torch and love it, my only issues with it are when i plug it in, i get some java error but i hit the ok button and everything is fine, so im not going to worry about it too much, have had no memory issues as of right now the battery however is a different story, I have looked and they only suggestion is to switch to 2g, well being with Telus in Canada I do not have this option because the only GSM type network they have is 3g they do not support 2g, any other ideas to improve battery life?
    11-22-10 09:17 AM
    Turn off your device GPS and Wifi when not in use, also put the screen brightness down to 10-40%. You will get used to it and after a while putting it back on 100% makes you think it is too bright. Change how often social feed app updates. If you have multiple social apps connected and have multiple feeds, maybe updating every 15 minutes isnt a good idea as it will be pulling a lot more data from each.
    11-22-10 09:22 AM
    I m sure this person doesntnown a torch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 09:25 AM
    lol honestly the brightness thing i did it when i had my storm, totally forgot with the torch, and ur sure which person doesnt own a torch?
    11-22-10 09:26 AM
    Ahh, so it's my fault RIM made a bad device??
    Have you tried updating the OS? I'll agree, the released date OS wasn't nearly what .337 is, you really should try wiping and updating the OS.
    11-22-10 09:34 AM
    Here's an idea. Instead of whining about it to people who could not care less, return
    it for something you like better and if that is not possible sell it and use the proceeds
    to buy something else. Simple.
    Yep. No one here wants to hear you ***** about problems that aren't really asking for help. You don't like the phone, get rid of it. No one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to keep it. Trust me none of us will care if you don't use a torch.

11-22-10 09:58 AM
    you guys should simply ignore thread like this. It's the typical attention seeking post. Just let them have their 2 minutes of fame, let them blog about it, let them tweet and post on their facebook status about it. But don't feed into the fire by defending the device (the board is always quick to do). the OP isn't looking for advice or suggestion. Telling him your device works flawlessly doesn't help so simply ignore post like this. good day and enjoy your new device sir.
    Right with you. This is suppose to be a forum where we seek help, not rant. Good day!

11-22-10 11:18 AM
    In theory, I would agree. However, a reasonable person would return a device that doesn't work as the buyer had hoped.
    Personal example - I tried the 3GS. I returned it in 29 days. That was it. Yeah, I moaned and complained and tried all I could to get the thing to work for me, but when it became obvious that Apple and I were not headed to a beautiful relationship, I returned the device.
    Also - there may be people using these threads to look at user experience with a particular device. Generally, people are more likely to discuss negative experiences than positive ones...people are curious about horror stories....which is the reason most of us look at accidents on the road. So....those of us who have had and are having good experiences with the Torch should express our satisfaction with the device as well, to offer a counterpoint.

Anyway...all that being said....I love my Torch!!!
    11-22-10 11:46 AM

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

You must not know how to use it.
    11-22-10 11:50 AM

While RIM certainly fell short in a few regards, I am content with my Torch. Its not perfect, but then neither are the others.

11-22-10 03:13 PM
    Congrats Chris, you are right on...Torch is actually worse than the Storm2. It is the first new berry i have hated and not kept...Piece o garbage..even Crackberry Kevin went back to the 9700/9780...

All the hates on here bashing him, get a life...Appreciate all the opinions here and learn from them.

**** the Torch drove me to my iphone4 right now...I am going back to a 9780 if att ever gets it but the Torch needs to be blown out by RIM..
    Just because he has a 9780 now, how do you know Kevin no longer has a Torch? He has multiple BBs. And even if you're right, he loves white BBs and has said he'd love to get his hands on a white Torch.

RIM's first touchscreen of this nature and first touchscreen/full-qwerty hybrid device... expecting perfection from the firmware upon release is a little naive.

Aside from that, I'm quite happy with mine. I think a lot of people need to play with the settings a bit more before complaining about lag & slow responsiveness especially.
    11-22-10 03:41 PM
    Had it since release. Not at all impressed. It seemed as it aged, it got worse and worse. I get errors like java.lang.exception and weird errors. I've never done anything wrong. I baby my phone.
    i have a torch and love it, my only issues with it are when i plug it in, i get some java error but i hit the ok button and everything is fine, so im not going to worry about it too much
    Wondering if you two switched from your previous BB using the Device Switch Wizard in DM?
    You may have some leftover OS 5 setting(s) that is incompatible, hence the error.

I would back up your BB with DM, and then use a 3rd party desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup your apps and to wipe your device. Load on a higher device, and then selectively do your Restore of your info with DM. Likewise, use the other program to restore your apps, but just 1 or 2 at a time.
    Hopefully this narrow down what's conflicting.

So keep complaining (directed @ OP not shadow), or set aside a couple hours and most likely fix this issue.
    11-22-10 04:02 PM
    Turn off your device GPS and Wifi when not in use, also put the screen brightness down to 10-40%. You will get used to it and after a while putting it back on 100% makes you think it is too bright. Change how often social feed app updates. If you have multiple social apps connected and have multiple feeds, maybe updating every 15 minutes isnt a good idea as it will be pulling a lot more data from each.
    Ditto. I do this with all of my devices. At home, my screen brightness is always at the lowest, especially at night.

In theory, I would agree. However, a reasonable person would return a device that doesn't work as the buyer had hoped.
    Personal example - I tried the 3GS. I returned it in 29 days. That was it. Yeah, I moaned and complained and tried all I could to get the thing to work for me, but when it became obvious that Apple and I were not headed to a beautiful relationship, I returned the device.
    Also - there may be people using these threads to look at user experience with a particular device. Generally, people are more likely to discuss negative experiences than positive ones...people are curious about horror stories....which is the reason most of us look at accidents on the road. So....those of us who have had and are having good experiences with the Torch should express our satisfaction with the device as well, to offer a counterpoint.

Anyway...all that being said....I love my Torch!!!
    Same here. The iPhone just wasn't for me. Makes a good iPod though.

+1
    People are always willing to talk about a crappy restaurant or crappy service than a good restaurant or good service.
    11-22-10 05:59 PM
    While the OP has stated how they feel about the Torch, I do agree it could have been stated better. And if they had listed, the OS version and what exactly the issues were we could have helped them.

Just as an FYI, in Canada we get screwed and most carriers only give you 15 days to return a device and on top of that has to be used less than 15 minutes. Even if I popped in my SIM and used an old device and used 15 mins between that time Rogers will refuse to take back the new device.
    11-22-10 06:00 PM
    I agree 100%. The torch is a terrible device. I actually enjoyed my storm more than this thing. Switching back to my 9700 tonight. Its sad how hard RIM and ATT are pushing the Torch on tv and all. Big dissapointmenet.

11-22-10 07:01 PM
    I agree 100%. The torch is a terrible device. I actually enjoyed my storm more than this thing. Switching back to my 9700 tonight. Its sad how hard RIM and ATT are pushing the Torch on tv and all. Big dissapointmenet.
    Why don't you just make some click-clack noises with your tongue while using the Torch's big-boy touchscreen so you can reminisce about your Storm.

I'll probably regret asking this, but what is it that makes the Torch "a terrible device"?

And how is a new product's advertising campaign "sad"?
    11-22-10 07:21 PM

Just as an FYI, in Canada we get screwed and most carriers only give you 15 days to return a device and on top of that has to be used less than 15 minutes. Even if I popped in my SIM and used an old device and used 15 mins between that time Rogers will refuse to take back the new device.
    Im with Bell and always hated that idiotic 15 min policy everytime i bought a BB but surprisingly this time, i had a full 30 days regardless of usage when i bought my Galaxy S Vibrant. Who can really test a device on less than 15 mins of usage?

11-22-10 07:25 PM
    15 minutes of usage? Never heard of that!
    I'm with Rogers.
    Do you have the website that says 15?

Last edited by daniel_martin10; 11-22-10 at 07:54 PM.
    11-22-10 07:47 PM
    I'm with Rogers.
    To be more exact, it's 15 minutes of talk time. Bell and Telus both do this. I think Rogers too, but I can't say 100%.
    You probably won't find it on a website, but a sales rep can tell you.
    11-22-10 08:00 PM
    I'm with Rogers.

Its Bell's stupid buyers remorse policy made according to Blackberry's policy for carriers. They have buyers remorse for 30 days unlim talk on phone for almost every phone except for Blackberry and iPhones
    11-22-10 08:00 PM
117 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD