Sad to say, but its true.

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

One of RIM's biggest letdown devices.
    Last edited by ChrisIve; 11-21-10 at 08:41 PM.
    11-21-10 08:38 PM
    Here's an idea. Instead of whining about it to people who could not care less, return
    it for something you like better and if that is not possible sell it and use the proceeds
    to buy something else. Simple.
    11-21-10 08:45 PM
    to each his own..
    i gladly left my iphone 3GS for a Blackberry Torch.
    can you be more specific.. let say what OS were you running with the Torch..
    and the dropped calls.. how many were you getting with your iphone 3G and how many were you getting with the Torch.. have you considered a network problem in your area?

as for my experience.. the dropped calls of the iphone 3GS and the Torch were night and day..
    11-21-10 08:46 PM
    I have none of the issues you mentioned. This is my 6th BB, so I have a lot of experience with them. No lag, no memory leak and I never do battery pulls. I could crazy glue my battery cover on and I would be ok with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:47 PM
    User error perhaps?
    my torch is not slow by any means,very responsive,battery will last all day.
    give it a few days,i bet you will love it after that
    WOW! Even AG told you off. XD
    11-21-10 08:48 PM
    my torch is not slow by any means,very responsive,battery will last all day.
    give it a few days,i bet you will love it after that
    Had it since release. Not at all impressed. It seemed as it aged, it got worse and worse. I get errors like java.lang.exception and weird errors. I've never done anything wrong. I baby my phone.
    11-21-10 08:54 PM
    Are you using .337?
    I like it better since .337, that's why I ask.

11-21-10 09:07 PM

Loved all my other Blackberries, loved my iPhone 3g, **** I loved my ****ty flip phones before I got a smart phone, but I HATE my torch. Never before have I had such problems with a phone. Its slow, unresponsive, drops calls, and just freezes daily. I pull the battery out atleast once a day. The battery usually doesn't last a full day, and I mean it turns the radio off at 6pm.

So return the phone you JACK a$$... and stop posting here.
    ench18 likes this.
    11-21-10 09:11 PM

HAHA go tell the storm 1 users who are still in contract this, they will love to hear that you hate the Torch!!! Turn off your GPS and put your data connection on 2G instead of 3G/2G. I can go almost 2 full days without a charge. Update your OS to get rid of the lag issue, and be sure you close out your programs. If you still hate it, sell it on eBay for 450 bucks or something.
    11-21-10 09:15 PM
    Haha.. It would be better if this forum can embrace people rather than having them to F off.

Anyway, if the battery doesn't last more than 1 day, you might have a faulty battery. You might be just those unlucky customers getting a lemon phone.

- Charles
    11-21-10 09:19 PM
    Ahh, so it's my fault RIM made a bad device??
    11-21-10 09:19 PM
    No but venting here vs asking for help based on a decent set of provided details about your device does no good. Your carrier allows for an exception one time per contract or warranty exchange during the 1st year of device service. If you have been around that long, you should know that.
    11-21-10 09:25 PM
    Ahh, so it's my fault RIM made a bad device??
    A bad device in your opinion.

I find it hard to believe that it took you 5 months to realize that you don't like the 9800. If you're not happy within 29 days, take it back.
    11-21-10 09:34 PM

I find it hard to believe that it took you 5 months to realize that you don't like the 9800. If you're not happy within 29 days, take it back.
    I live in Canada. It took me 1 month. Also, if a phone is frozen and unusable for a long period of time, I'd say thats a bad device. What if it was an emergency?
    11-21-10 10:00 PM
    I live in Canada, and my torch
    Is great! No porblems, and I love it
    Works fine for me!

11-21-10 10:03 PM
    I live in Canada. It took me 1 month. Also, if a phone is frozen and unusable for a long period of time, I'd say thats a bad device. What if it was an emergency?
    The name of the thread and your original post seems like you're saying the Torch 9800 itself is a bad device, not just yours. You most likely have a faulty unit/bug laden OS.

...The reason why I never buy anything at launch.
    11-21-10 10:05 PM
    Here's an idea. Instead of whining about it to people who could not care less, return
    it for something you like better and if that is not possible sell it and use the proceeds
    to buy something else. Simple.
    This is well said not because of what your experience is as much as how you present it. If you choose to be aggressive and unforgiving in your post don't expect others to follow a different route.

In case there is confusion, this means I agree with AG this time.
    11-21-10 10:06 PM

Agreed...

Thats the reason why carriers give you a exchange period incase you don't like a
    phone that you picked up. Usually 2 weeks is enough time to realize that the device is not for you.
    11-21-10 10:08 PM
    @aznlgcy

I was wondering which post you agreed with. Nice to see you edited it.

BTW... OMG! Someone quoted me AND agreed with the quote they used. I feel like a Rhodes Scholar. XD
    11-21-10 10:13 PM
    @aznlgcy

I was wondering which post you agreed with. Nice to see you edited it.

BTW... OMG! Someone quoted me AND agreed with the quote they used. I feel like a Rhodes Scholar. XD
    I had to edit my posting cause when I started my message I was just under your original posting. Then after posting it I had some 3 or 4 other replies so it looked funny so I was forced to change so it didnt look so stupid...

CASH; what you mostly say is true so you should feel like a BB scholar
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 11-21-10 at 10:59 PM.
    11-21-10 10:57 PM
    with posts like this, maybe you should do the same.
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-21-10 11:06 PM
    I'm a heavy user on rogers. Has not crashed once. I have not seen an error message once. Solid OS. Battery life is better than my 8900 by about 25%. Now the slider mechanism is another matter, but that I have dealt with.
    11-22-10 06:13 AM
    if you dont like it get rid of it
    i got great advice by switching from 3g to 2g really helps the
    battery its like night and day
    good luck
    11-22-10 06:54 AM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD