i had my torch for about a week now and i love this phone besides the fact the the screen is wiggling.. i heard from ppl and from others that i know that have had their torch for quite some time now that the screen is suppose to be solid and stiff.. and now a few days in having my phone i can feel the screen wiggling everytime i use the on screen keyboard.. i call my carrier and they said that as long as the phone is working in perfect condition i shouldnt have to worry but i am hearing otherwise.. i am reading on some form and ppl are telling me is where the phone is made can be the problem to but i dont know how to check that... can someone help me should i get a replacement phone? keep this one till it gets worse or what i dont know i am getting confused... thankyou
    05-09-11 01:47 PM
    if you try do to a search in this forums, you will see that it's one of the most common post. Usually people are able to return it under warranty, but it shouldn't wiggles (mine doesn't and it's 6 month old with a lot of usage)
    05-09-11 01:52 PM
    Mine wiggles a little bit with with the case its very solid. AGF something....good case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 02:38 PM
    if you try do to a search in this forums, you will see that it's one of the most common post. Usually people are able to return it under warranty, but it shouldn't wiggles (mine doesn't and it's 6 month old with a lot of usage)
    +1 to this post. And +1 for the AGF GRT, or AGF ENDO case to stop minor wobbles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 03:54 PM
    i had my torch for about a week now and i love this phone besides the fact the the screen is wiggling.. i heard from ppl and from others that i know that have had their torch for quite some time now that the screen is suppose to be solid and stiff.. and now a few days in having my phone i can feel the screen wiggling everytime i use the on screen keyboard.. i call my carrier and they said that as long as the phone is working in perfect condition i shouldnt have to worry but i am hearing otherwise.. i am reading on some form and ppl are telling me is where the phone is made can be the problem to but i dont know how to check that... can someone help me should i get a replacement phone? keep this one till it gets worse or what i dont know i am getting confused... thankyou

When the screen is folded down to hide the keypad, it is normal at the bottom there may be about 1 mm of play. This is because the bottom section has no track. At full extended with the keypad exposed there will be less play. If the play is excessive, then the phone will require service.

With any of the slider type phones if they are handled roughly, and or dropped often they will become lossened up.

Jerry G.
    05-10-11 10:36 PM
    When the screen is folded down to hide the keypad, it is normal at the bottom there may be about 1 mm of play. This is because the bottom section has no track. At full extended with the keypad exposed there will be less play. If the play is excessive, then the phone will require service.

With any of the slider type phones if they are handled roughly, and or dropped often they will become lossened up.

Jerry G.
    If you fold the screen on the Torch you will definitely end up with some serious wobble...lol j/k

OP - I am also one who had my 1st Torch replaced due to a very loose sliding mechanism. It was in the first 30 days so is was a DOA.
    It's not a common problem but it was a common complaint when the first batch of Torches came out. By this I mean, we have about 20 in our office now and mine (the first) was the only one to have the problem.
    05-11-11 08:50 AM
    If you fold the screen on the Torch you will definitely end up with some serious wobble...lol j/k

OP - I am also one who had my 1st Torch replaced due to a very loose sliding mechanism. It was in the first 30 days so is was a DOA.
    It's not a common problem but it was a common complaint when the first batch of Torches came out. By this I mean, we have about 20 in our office now and mine (the first) was the only one to have the problem.

yeah how long did u have ur phone for now... and yeah i even went into my service provider store and they even told me that it is not normal and should get it replace since its still under warranty and i only had my phone for like a couple days and it got loose and after a week i finally called in and i am gettin my phone replaced thank god... least yours got to last 30 days when mine only last 2 days
    05-11-11 04:39 PM
    I've had the replacement since October and it's still solid.
    05-11-11 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD