I've had my torch for a week or 2 but I've noticed that the menu scrolling, browsing and literally everything is slow and laggy compared to other high end devices such as the i4 and htcdesire hd. Is everyone elses laggy or just mine I'm running on .448 btw and also every one is saying that bb batery is amazing however my berry meter says that I'm draining 7.9% battery an hour. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 02:51 PM
    Menu scrolling is laggy? I've never even heard of that...

03-31-11 03:12 PM
    I always found the Torch to be a little choppy and it's battery life less then ideal which is why I opted for the Bold 9780. Hopefully some 9800 owners chime in, but that's my personal experience with the 9800's.
    03-31-11 03:12 PM
    You have an issue. Something is dragging your memory. Perhaps the theme . As I sit here typing this I am using 2% an hour and nil lag

flipkc likes this.
    03-31-11 03:19 PM
    Our family collection includes an 8900, a 9300, and a 9800 in addition to a retired 9000. There is no significant difference one to the next in terms of overall responsiveness.
    03-31-11 03:30 PM
    I understand what Ў☺ΰ are saying, the transition in the menu is definitely not as fluid as the iOS and Android platforms, but not as bad Ў☺ΰ make it sound.
    I'm also running .448, and it works pretty nice, considering how laggy the previous ones were.
    I hope the upcoming OS6.1 would �ε̲̣̣̣ really fluid, when scrolling through the menus and other apps.
    Try closing all apps running in the background and see how it goes.

03-31-11 03:31 PM
    What menu transition? The menu popup and close is instant on my Torch...
    03-31-11 03:35 PM
    Aight we're compairing the Torch's menu to the ios menu. What ios menu? Os 4.2's menus wasn't slow. Like the others have said my Torch responds at every interface. I touch something opens. The only time I ever see the progress meter is when I'm installing a theme and I have to be looking for it cause its a split second and its gone.

03-31-11 03:51 PM
    OP - > it is definately a theme, or too many apps runnung... at a batter drain of 7% /hr, go and close some background apps, or try pulling the battery...
    03-31-11 05:09 PM
    Also what is your average reception in -dbm? If it's really poor then higher battery drain per hour is expected.
    03-31-11 05:09 PM
    I regret upgrading to .448. I have nothing but problems with this OS. The only thing I noticed is web browsing is a bit faster and youtube is fixed. I'm having issues with BeBuzz and BeWeather not working properly on .448. The 2apps were working perfectly fine on .246. I have to do a battery pull every day to get BeBuzz working. And the folks at Bellshare aren't responding to my post.
    03-31-11 08:33 PM
    I regret upgrading to .448. I have nothing but problems with this OS. The only thing I noticed is web browsing is a bit faster and youtube is fixed. I'm having issues with BeBuzz and BeWeather not working properly on .448. The 2apps were working perfectly fine on .246. I have to do a battery pull every day to get BeBuzz working. And the folks at Bellshare aren't responding to my post.
    It seems the only problems you have are with 3rd party apps? No offence, but I would rather sacrifice those two apps, to have everything else work better.... I'm sure the vendor will update soon...

03-31-11 08:35 PM
    It may be you need to reinstall the new OS. I'm on .448 and have no problems with any 3rd party apps. Sometimes a non-stock theme will cause buggy performance with 3rd party apps.

03-31-11 08:55 PM
    It seems the only problems you have are with 3rd party apps? No offence, but I would rather sacrifice those two apps, to have everything else work better.... I'm sure the vendor will update soon...

I get the occasional annoying clock when I'm responding to an email. There's a lag when opening BBM. I never had these issues when I was using .246, including the 3rd party apps.
    03-31-11 09:08 PM
    It may be you need to reinstall the new OS. I'm on .448 and have no problems with any 3rd party apps. Sometimes a non-stock theme will cause buggy performance with 3rd party apps.

Do you have BeBuzz and BeWeather? I'm not using a non stock theme.
    03-31-11 09:10 PM
    There was definite problems with popups on .448, even shao posted about it and had to do an update to a couple of his apps. So i would assume your problems are related to popups on .448, update to .450 or .486 and the problems should be solved.
    04-01-11 07:27 AM
    i too hve been using since almost more than one month. No lagg at all. Why don't you reinstall OS after wiping it thru BBSAK.
    04-01-11 07:34 AM
    Try closing all apps running in the background and see how it goes.
    i find this is something people overlook alot and so did i when i got mine. unless you click back over and over until you leave the program, it stays open. even pressing the close all or end call button leaves all the programs running.

clearing my event log helps sometimes as well.
    04-01-11 08:57 AM
    I've had my torch for a week or 2 but I've noticed that the menu scrolling, browsing and literally everything is slow and laggy compared to other high end devices such as the i4 and htcdesire hd. Is everyone elses laggy or just mine I'm running on .448 btw and also every one is saying that bb batery is amazing however my berry meter says that I'm draining 7.9% battery an hour. Thanks

I would update the os. Also, you don't need Meterberry as its going to use even more resources. I have a ton of apps and a full sd card and my torch is very fluid and fast.

04-01-11 09:04 AM

It was discussed a while back that BeBuzz doesn't work with this os. Upgrade it to 486 and you'll have no issues.
    04-01-11 09:38 AM
    It was discussed a while back that BeBuzz doesn't work with this os. Upgrade it to 486 and you'll have no issues.

This is the first I'm hearing about this. I created a thread a couple of weeks ago and I believe only 1 person had an issue with BeBuzz. While others reported no issues with BeBuzz or BeWeather.

I'll try upgrading to .486. I never upgraded to a leaked OS before.
    04-01-11 12:50 PM
    it would be so laggy if you were using the latest leaked OS..
    won't be a thing if you're running official OS..
    04-01-11 12:51 PM
    This is the first I'm hearing about this. I created a thread a couple of weeks ago and I believe only 1 person had an issue with BeBuzz. While others reported no issues with BeBuzz or BeWeather.

I'll try upgrading to .486. I never upgraded to a leaked OS before.
    imo, 450 > 486
    04-01-11 12:58 PM
    imo, 450 > 486

Is .450 more stable than .486? Also, do you have BeBuzz and BeWeather?
    04-01-11 01:26 PM
    .486 has a lag problem in certain areas unless you use a .486 hybrid (.486 hybrids tend to be good, .486 plain has issues).

Yeah i have both BeBuzz and BeWeather. I don't use the wallpaper feature of beweather though.
    04-01-11 01:28 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD