Hi everyone, i'm registered partially sighted with cone-rod dystrophy and the BB Torch is the first phone that i've ever had that i can actually read everything on (using size 14 veranda ultra bold); however i have strolled across one or two problems that i would like to request help with though...

1) is there any way to change the font size/style on YouTube? - i have downloaded 'Player for YouTube' but like most people have complained - it doesnt play the videos! BB defiinately need a new YouTube APP!

2) Is there any way to invert the white background/black text other than the colour invert and maybe change the blue highlight colour? - the colour invert in accessibility is great untill you look at a picture/menu icons (go white) etc?

3) is it possible to turn the smilies/emoticons off? they are too small for me to see (they just appear as a few spaces to my eyes) and i would much rather just have the text appear rather than an auto smilie.

Sorry for the length of this thread - thank you for taking the time to read and help
    11-22-10 09:00 PM
    Welcome!!!

(1) YT has a native player on the Torch that plays just fine. It can be found in the media folder.

(2) not sure on this. maybe a theme can do this.

(3) where? i mean in what app? you only get the native app in text messaging and bbm.
    11-22-10 09:49 PM
    1) Yes the videos on YouTube origional BB app play fine but for me its impossible to read the video names etc as unlike all the other apps i have - my font settings dont stay the same?
    2) i've spent hours browsing themes and cant find one that leaves all the home screen as it is and only changes the colour of the white/black/blue highlight
    3) yes in both sms/bbm etc with the smilies?

---
    thank you for you're help
    11-23-10 12:44 PM
    1) Yes the videos on YouTube origional BB app play fine but for me its impossible to read the video names etc as unlike all the other apps i have - my font settings dont stay the same?
    2) i've spent hours browsing themes and cant find one that leaves all the home screen as it is and only changes the colour of the white/black/blue highlight
    3) yes in both sms/bbm etc with the smilies?

---
    thank you for you're help
    (1) for now, there is no way I can find to increase the browser font size.

(2) I would suggest finding a theme author that makes themes you like. Contact them and for a small fee (usually <$5), they will make you a custom theme to meet your needs.

(3) No way to turn them off that I can find. Even 3rd party like Fancy Characters are still about the same size as the native icons so no solution there either.
    11-23-10 12:49 PM
    Thank you for your help, the theme thing was a great idea, i will be doing that. i will keep an eye out for font size for YT and the smilie function hopefully will arrive on an OS update?
    11-23-10 12:58 PM
    the functions are already there for emoticons. i am not sure if RIM will make their size adjustable in future releases.

np!
    11-23-10 01:30 PM
    Yeah, thought it would be nice for people to be able to have the function of turning them off. When you pay �480 ($900) for a phone you'd have thought it would be customizable - what am i saying? The BB Torch is a great bit of kit and other than those few minor issues - I LOVE IT!
    11-23-10 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD