One bug found on .583:
    When on a call, the screen would fade to black and become unresponsive (this never happened on any other OS). I fixed it by unchecking "automatically dim backlight" and all works fine. (Options>Display>Screen Display)

The battery goes from 100 to 92 on this one (just like .585). OS .540 did not do this.
    Also, as mentioned by others, the 4G icon is replaced by H+(no big deal).

All else seems fine (too early to determine memory/battery).
    Last edited by tellsells; 01-06-12 at 06:06 AM.
    01-05-12 09:22 PM
    Has anyone noticed an issue with bridging to the Playbook after the upgrade?
    No Bridge problems whatsoever. I am using the Bridge app from rroyy.com and it works perfectly on this OS.
    01-05-12 09:23 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-05-12 09:51 PM
    Is there no hope for the 9860 from att???? HELP!!!

01-05-12 09:57 PM
    Hello everyone. I was running Vodafone's OS7.0.0.585 until I read on here that AT&T released OS 7.0.0.583 (as compared to Vodafone's OS 7.0.0.585). I was interested in seeing what the differences were so I downloaded and installed AT&T's release (being I am on AT&T's network. The most obvious difference I see is AT&T is still H+while Vodafone's release is 4G. What I am interested in is seeing the battery life.
    01-05-12 10:48 PM
    585 is great for me except that its the biggest battery eater of all time...of all time. I jumped to it from 261. I could usually make a whole work day on 261 but I'm recharging by lunch on the power muncher 585. I too am anxiously awaiting 7.1 but might consider 583 if ya'll ATTers indicate battery life on par with the likes of 261 or 540.
    01-05-12 11:09 PM
    This one is weird. On a full charge it drops to 92% at once and then discharges normally from then on. I did a battery pull after it drops and it goes back to full. And then it drops again. Anybody else seeing this?
    01-06-12 08:38 AM
    This one is weird. On a full charge it drops to 92% at once and then discharges normally from then on. I did a battery pull after it drops and it goes back to full. And then it drops again. Anybody else seeing this?
    It's a bug in this one and also .585 on the 9810, and it is also on the 9900.
    01-06-12 08:49 AM
    It seems to me that this is some weird hybrid. Unlike other .5XX releases you cannot erase all call history events with shift and scroll to highlight and then delete. Also the browser bevaves like in .261 with not retaining any web icons after a reboot. Typing this has an annoying lag just like in the .261 release. So far I see no improvements, in fact reported battery remaining is jumpy. I don't know what the point of this release was.
    01-06-12 08:54 AM
    It's a bug in this one and also .585 on the 9810, and it is also on the 9900.
    What are they smoking when they're testing these?
    01-06-12 08:59 AM
    So far this release sounds like a real winner!
    01-06-12 09:20 AM
    It seems to me that this is some weird hybrid. Unlike other .5XX releases you cannot erase all call history events with shift and scroll to highlight and then delete. Also the browser bevaves like in .261 with not retaining any web icons after a reboot. Typing this has an annoying lag just like in the .261 release. So far I see no improvements, in fact reported battery remaining is jumpy. I don't know what the point of this release was.
    The multiple call delete issues was resolved in .474 - I have run that, as well as .540 and .585 - in my experience, .474 is the best for stability, responsiveness and battery (life and heat). .474 is an official release from Telstra.
    01-06-12 09:26 AM
    Unlike other .5XX releases you cannot erase all call history events with shift and scroll to highlight and then delete.
    The call history "bug" was present on some of the older OS's but has not been present until this one!
    I am not seeing improvements in anything yet, so not sure if this is a good OS or not. This OS seems like .540/.585 with a few extra bugs, but will give it another few days to determine if it's a keeper or not.
    01-06-12 09:27 AM
    It has the same quirks I just got used to as .261 with the addition of the battery issue now. I should have stayed on .261.
    01-06-12 09:36 AM
    Here is my first follow-up report on the AT&T '.583' release. '.585' was a huge battery hog as I was recharging my Torch 9810 several times throughout the day. One plus I liked was the ability to highlight all my outgoing/incoming calls (using the 'shift' key and scrolling all the numbers to accomplish this) does not work in the '.583' release from AT&T as it did in the '.585' release from Vodafone.
    01-06-12 10:05 AM
    So this battery drop issue isn't going away after some countless battery pulls right?
    01-06-12 10:15 AM
    my playbook says that my version of BB messanger is not supported after the update.
    01-06-12 11:18 AM
    Actually, you'll only get an OTA update if you're already running an official AT&T OS (i.e., .261).
    Does it need to be an official OS, or just something lower than the new official. Seems reasonable to me if someone were running a leaked .455 (for example) which is lower than the .583 (or whatever it is) and higher than the last official OS (.261), they should be notified because it is an upgrade.

Where having an installed OS of .585 or upwards is already higher than the .583 and so an upgrade or update woul't be possible (as it's a downgrade).
    01-06-12 11:24 AM
    I have to report that this release gives me the best battery life since .261 (I think is even better). With all other releases the battery dropped between 6 and 7% per hour with almost no use (even in EDGE). This one loses like 3% per hour in 3G+ with moderate use. So I will stay here maybe until 7.1 is out. The 100-92 bug is here, unfortunately. But I don't care if the battery life is good.

There was a difference in the upgrade this time tho: I read that some people had better battery life starting from scratch (no backup). I actually did a backup/restore using BB Protect, but nothing more than my contacts and BBM contacts were restored. Had to input all the settings manually. Maybe a coincidence or maybe not, but the truth is that the battery is much better now.

BTW I have tested .585, .540, .474 and 7.1.074 even with the hybrids. .585 was absolutely awful in battery life for me.
    Last edited by plguzman; 01-06-12 at 01:04 PM.
    01-06-12 01:01 PM
    I have to report that this release gives me the best battery life since .261 (I think is even better). With all other releases the battery dropped between 6 and 7% per hour with almost no use (even in EDGE). This one loses like 3% per hour in 3G+ with moderate use. So I will stay here maybe until 7.1 is out. The 100-92 bug is here, unfortunately. But I don't care if the battery life is good.

There was a difference in the upgrade this time tho: I read that some people had better battery life starting from scratch (no backup). I actually did a backup/restore using BB Protect, but nothing more than my contacts and BBM contacts were restored. Had to input all the settings manually. Maybe a coincidence or maybe not, but the truth is that the battery is much better now.

BTW I have tested .585, .540, .474 and 7.1.074 even with the hybrids. .585 was absolutely awful in battery life for me.
    As always, everyone is different. After almost a day, I've been losing about 5%/hour on this OS which is the same or worse than .585 and .540. But I still need another 24 hours to confirm this.
    jcp007 likes this.
    01-06-12 01:33 PM
    It would be nice if they offered some release notes or something. I'd like to know what is driving the 'update' and what, if anything, is fixed. Battery life seems to be all over the board, but like tellsells, I need a day or two more. Everything else seems to work just fine.
    01-06-12 05:32 PM
    That battery drop 100-92 shouldn't have happened in a late release like that. They can't tell me they were testing this for weeks and weeks and nobody ever noticed that. Maybe they should buy themselves a copy of MeterBerry and they would have seen that.
    01-06-12 06:52 PM
    Any comments on the battery life of this build? Ive been running on the .540 from Vodafone and it seems to be working great for me, although the 4G signal really eats up most of my battery throughout the day.

On the average, running the commonly used apps with heavy texting and bbm, the.540 build gives me about 12 hours of use throughout the day before it reaches the 30% level for recharging.

How about on this one? Does this have better battery life performance?

The .540 didnt have the 100 to 92 bug, so Im very much happy with that.

Let me know your thoughts on this one guys.
    01-06-12 07:22 PM
    my playbook says that my version of BB messanger is not supported after the update.
    You just need to upgrade bbm to current version.
    01-06-12 07:36 PM
    I guess that it will have to wait until I get home as there is probably no OTA version.
    I had to download and install the OS. Then, through DM, updated the OS. Had to re-installed some apps and registered them. Duplicate icons of installed apps resolved after device restart. I know that this is a small thing but the H+ icon should have been fixed so that it has the same 4G icon as on my 9900 even though it is not true 4G. It would have been nice from an appearance standpoint. My 9810 does seem a bit snappier and the battery life is better.
    01-06-12 07:39 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD