That's ("Blackberry Protect temporarily unavailable") the brief, increasingly cryptic, phrase that has come up for the past 2 days in bB Protect when I attempt to utilize the program on my 9850 torch. No support links and nothing on bB Protect's web site about the issue. I need to run a backup.

Anyone? Love the protective resources Protect makes available, but all for naught if the service is unavailable when it is actually needed!

Thank you!
    08-21-12 12:28 PM
    That's ("Blackberry Protect temporarily unavailable") the brief, increasingly cryptic, phrase that has come up for the past 2 days in bB Protect when I attempt to utilize the program on my 9850 torch. No support links and nothing on bB Protect's web site about the issue. I need to run a backup.

Anyone? Love the protective resources Protect makes available, but all for naught if the service is unavailable when it is actually needed!

Thank you!
    It just did a backup for me. make sure your BB id is showing there, if so try hitting menu and restarting the bb protect.
    08-21-12 02:40 PM
    i had the same problem a while ago, when trying to restore a replacement phone it just magically started working the next day..... never had a problem with it other than the one time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-21-12 02:45 PM
    Never seen that problem with BB Protect. Just checked, logged in fine. I think your problem must be "local"
    08-21-12 06:51 PM
    BlackBerry Protect was just updated to version 1.1.1.76 in App World.

Try updating to the new version , then see if the problem still exits.
    08-22-12 11:11 AM
    Just did a backup using BB Protect, no issues here.
    08-23-12 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD