I bought a Torch last week and it came with BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headsets (HDW-15766-005). I used them for the first time today.

RIM should be ashamed to ship a top-of-the-line phone like the Torch with such mediocre earphones. Absolute junk. They sound like crap and don't stay in the ears. The earphones that came with my low-end Curve 8530 are 10 times better and those that came with my wife's iPod are 100% better.
    10-04-10 07:31 PM
    I agree with you 100%. I just kept the ones that came with my 9700
    10-04-10 07:50 PM
    the earphones I got with my 9700 are great. came with extra ear buds too. they are ten times better than the ones that came with my Storm2,
    10-04-10 07:52 PM
    maybe i have a very high standard with earphones/headphones..
    i agree completely wth the OP..
    at the same time i think the ones with the Iphones are also mediocre.
    10-04-10 07:54 PM
    Ya RIM really cheaped out on the extras this time. Really not sure why. I miss when the came with nice headphones, and a leather case.
    10-04-10 08:41 PM
    Shameless tight-a$$es!! (rim that is...).
    Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 09:04 PM
    so you did not test them before leaving the store? you do have the option to return the device. BTW, I am pretty sure the premium headset did not come with your device unless Telus is getting a different kit than AT&T.
    10-04-10 09:51 PM
    Personally, I never expect a phone to come with a quality headset. RIM is a phone manufacture. If your looking for clarity and quality in headphones, seek a reputable aftermarket headphone manufacture.
    10-04-10 10:03 PM
    The Bold's come with OUTSTANDING headsets, it really is a shame how pitiful the boxed headset for the Torch is.

10-04-10 11:30 PM
    yep the 9700 headset was so mcuh better I just ended up keeping that. I use that for the car etc where I cna't hear as well. Use the torch ones in the office or something whenever I need to be on a call or something.
    10-04-10 11:40 PM
    Rule of thumb: stock earphones are always crap.

10-04-10 11:47 PM
    I've yet to use them but they do look like junk

10-04-10 11:58 PM
    i wish there was an option to get a leather case instead of the stock earphones..
    10-05-10 06:21 AM
    i wish there was an option to get a leather case instead of the stock earphones..
    I have used my motorola blue tooth s9-hd headphone with all my BB devices no wire great stereo sound pair up easily work with lap top never have to take phone out of holster to start music make or receive calls they last all day on single charge just awesome.

10-05-10 07:03 AM
    Bold 9000 headset FTW!!!! These ones are absolute garbage.
    10-05-10 12:56 PM
    All bundled earphones on any of the mentioned phones are crap... Torch might be worse, but that doesn't mean the other ones are good. It's just worse, and worsererer...
    10-05-10 01:01 PM
    so you did not test them before leaving the store? you do have the option to return the device. BTW, I am pretty sure the premium headset did not come with your device unless Telus is getting a different kit than AT&T.
    Are you kidding? Who tests the earphones at the store before buying a phone? And yes, my phone came with the premium headset. I even posted the part number from the little bag in my original message. Jeez.
    10-05-10 07:41 PM
    The only thing my Bose IE2s don't have is the mic attachment. Otherwise I'd have just chucked those uncomfortable BB ones. I tried them last night and they really hurt my ears. Mine didn't even come with foam padding!!! Did yours?
    10-05-10 08:20 PM
    My Telus 9800 came with the Premium (ear bud) set like my Storm 2 did with the 3 diferent bud sizes. Not the top sound but not bad at all for a stock set. I guess some of the companies are not inluding these like Telus is.
    10-05-10 08:31 PM
    You can buy a headset adapter with mic and 3.5mm jack to plug your favorite headphone. You can find the adapter on ebay for $1.
    Headset MIC Adapter For Blackberry 7130v Pearl 8100 - eBay, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs. (end time 07-Oct-10 02:24:57 AEDST)
    10-05-10 08:55 PM
    my suggestion is to get a better aftermarket headphones for your Torch.
    i use a Bose Quiet Comfort ( with noise cancellation)..
    it's pricey but train/plane/helicopter commute are bearable with this.
    but hey... not all of us use a train or fly for work
    10-05-10 09:42 PM
    I was disappointed by the quality, but not very shocked by it. The ones that came with my 9000 had much better quality though they were far from being great. I'm an audiophile so I'm definitely getting a good pair of earphones.
    10-05-10 09:47 PM
    Are you kidding? Who tests the earphones at the store before buying a phone? And yes, my phone came with the premium headset. I even posted the part number from the little bag in my original message. Jeez.
    Same premium headset sold every day then and that is NOT what comes in the package over here. Return the phone or stop whyning or I will have to start eating cheese to soak up all this whyne. If you don't test equipment in the store that you can should there really be any room to complain after the fact, no.

Last edited by shansmi; 10-05-10 at 09:56 PM.
    10-05-10 09:53 PM
    You can buy a headset adapter with mic and 3.5mm jack to plug your favorite headphone. You can find the adapter on ebay for $1.
    Headset MIC Adapter For Blackberry 7130v Pearl 8100 - eBay, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs. (end time 07-Oct-10 02:24:57 AEDST)
    Does the Torch not have a regular headphone jack like the Bold 9000? You have to use an adaptor?!! That might be a deal breaker for me.
    10-28-10 11:28 AM
    This is an older thread but I have to agree with the OP.

I bought the premium headset and they have a higher price point that the headphones that came with my bold.

You can buy these specific model numbers. They are the same as what you get in the package.

The cheaper pair that came with the bold has much nicer sound than the premium headset. I didnt expect Bose type quality but I would think it would be at least as nice or hopefully better than the "non-premium" headset.

The controls are nice but I dont want to sacifice sound quality to be able to forward to the next song on the headset.

I am guessing that it has to do with the size of the speaker. The headset that comes with the Bold is mostly speaker that fits in your ear. The premium headset is a much smaller speaker with the different size adapters (sorry lost the proper word) to fit your ear.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone else thinks that this premium headset is inferior to the base headset provided with the device.
    01-18-11 02:55 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD