hi my device started with continues loading and the battery could last for half a day even when not in use then i have installed the latest OS seemed like it fixed the problem and after a month wizzy screen started to appear and then after couple of days the screen turned black and the device is on, cause my alarm goes off, the black screen started gradually, at first when it turned black i use to press the lock/unlock button and the the screen was back on, after couple of days of that the screen turned black completely, it sometimes works when i take the battery off and put it back on but not always, i have factory set my device update it to latest OS, seems like BB knew what they were doing make a device that can last only for 3 years and after the warranty is finished it becomes useless to the user. this is a major problem that as far as i know there is no fix for it and its not only for my device, its a problem on various devices, so disappointing that i didnt even drop my phone once, if it was a hardware problem which probably is. anyways my advice is NEVER BUY A BLACKBERRY, u will get robbed in modern style
    05-04-14 08:27 AM
    **** off

Posted via the awesome White Z10 STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    05-04-14 08:30 AM
    Three years with a slider phone is pretty good considering they are more prone to have display problems because of the mechanics of the slider mechanism. No phone will last forever, and a slider will definitely last less than a none slider phone, so either repair it or get a new phone.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-04-14 08:46 AM
    Torch 9800? We have an iPhone 4 that doesn't work at home, should i say apple is robbing me? IhateeeeAPPLE

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    05-04-14 08:56 AM
    Vithulan do u work for BB, cause ur indian i though u do so and it didnt take u 2 min since i finished my post and u replied **** off, if u do work for them please ask them why they have introduced new version of robbing people with the phone on but BLACK SCREEN and if u not working for them then u **** off and dont defend BB.
    05-04-14 05:28 PM
    u dont get it do u? its not the slider problem, it the screen thats gone black even when u do not slide it out. the phone works perfect, i can also make a call if i knew how to operate a phone that has BLACK SCREEN, its not just the slider ones, u can type black screen in search above to see many people got the same problem with different types of phone, you know what just youtube black screen black berry and read comments or try the search here.
    05-04-14 05:34 PM
    hehehe u got a phone that works outside and dosent work at home and u trying to hate apple?? u should have a phone like mine then u will get why u can hate BB, are u sure u not a psycho cause i dont want to spend my time replying to someone psycho who loved BB and will go and drop from a bridge for BB
    05-04-14 05:39 PM
    I use my 9810 from time to time just because! Bought it in 2010. Still goin strong! Get a a new phone.

The people in the forum will help you if you have an issue you WANT solved. You'll get the same reaction if you slam iPhones in their forums or Androids in their's etc...

If you want help ask for it. If not, keep it moving. It seems as though you posted just to be mean spirited.

It is a hardware issue though.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    05-04-14 05:45 PM
    OP, what's the weather like in Cupertino tonight? Just curious.

Strange that your broken BlackBerry (who knows what you did to it to make it broken) still works better than you can write a sentence.
    05-04-14 05:53 PM
    u dont get it do u? its not the slider problem, it the screen thats gone black even when u do not slide it out. the phone works perfect, i can also make a call if i knew how to operate a phone that has BLACK SCREEN, its not just the slider ones, u can type black screen in search above to see many people got the same problem with different types of phone, you know what just youtube black screen black berry and read comments or try the search here.
    All the black screen issues I Googled so far all turned out to be caused by display/hardware issue. As the display on the Torch has a moving ribbon cable to connect the main PCB to the display it is hardly surprising that after usage over time this cable will wear and not function correctly. This will affect the phone whether the slider is closed or open. Other phone operations may be unaffected by the lack of display, so a repair or replacement phone is the only option. This is not a BlackBerry fault, but a limitation of the design of a slider phone.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Last edited by knighty2112; 05-04-14 at 06:09 PM.
    05-04-14 05:56 PM
    Well i think reality s**KS, were do u want me to go and say BB they got issues with black screen in apple or android forums?? this is were u as a Z10 user will go and check if Z10 got a black screen problem too, which it does, according to my research, just because your phone is working fine today it dosent means its gonna work fine next week, its not being rude, i just cant come here and say OMG my phone gone black screen and someone replies did u check ur battery or did u update ur phone or whats ur OS. its the reality of the situation u can have a phone which a screen can go black for no reason anytime.
    05-04-14 06:01 PM
    yes i do understand its a hardware problem thankyou very much for reminding me and blaming it on the design, why is the phone surprising works in good condition of 30 seconds after a factory reset?? without moving it a micrometer?? i think i need to make a better youtube video of this and show people why blackberry is robbing people modern way
    05-04-14 06:13 PM
    I'm not trying to rip you. It's not so much, what you say but the presentation. That's true throughout your life, in almost any situation.

Motorola, Nokia then BlackBerry because I tend to business with my device. I don't love my BlackBerry. I just like efficiency. It just so happens that BlackBerry dies it for me.

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.2179
    05-04-14 06:14 PM
    what ever u use your device for: shows under your pic as crackberry abuser, well i dont think i can sit here and become a crackberry abuser, show how my life is,
    anyways my situation to as a black or crackberry abuser is that you be-loved company has robbed me due to design failure and guess what there are abusers in here telling me **** off or ihateeeeeAPPLE or judge me in my life style, if u can help its fine, if not, let people who have the same problem use the forum and please dont reply and go abuse somewhere else with your blackberry
    05-04-14 06:35 PM
    youtube how to open your torch 9800 ( be careful while opening the touch digitizer display not to crack it ), buy the main flex cable from ebay they are around 5 pounds Blackberry Torch 9800 Main Slide Flex Cable Ribbon Connector Repair Part | eBay. change the flex cable and your phone is good to go.
    06-10-14 09:59 AM