I use BB on BES, which blocks gmail etc. Somehow my colleague's unlocked T-Mobil 9700 has "email setup" in the setup folder, which allows him to access gmail through the BIS even while connected to BES.

At least I think the "email setup" is a software for BIS users....

So, in his BB, he received BES messages as well as gmail messages through BIS.

My setup does not have this "email setup" software - any ideas how I can install or download this?

I'm now on 9800 running 225 and appreciate the setup options have changed - so whilst the example I'm referring to is in OS5, I'd appreciate any help to be related to OS6.

Thank you in advance!

If I go into "Messages Options" and click on "Email Account Management", I get "Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider" - which I cannot do since I'm on Etisalat (UAE) with an unlocked AT&T so there is zero service support.

As result of more digging around online and within the BB itself:
    1. I can't find a Etisalat BIS site from which to push the service books.
    2. When I use search to look up "Email Setup Application", it picks up "Email Setup Application", which even if I click does nothing, and Email Setup Help, which doesn't answer the question anywhere. It just assumes that the Email Setup Application is working.
    3. I can only see one CMIME in service books and that is for my BES connection.
    4. I cannot use the google app because my IT connection does not allow a connection for it once installed.

However, the colleague's BB on the same BES connection on the same Etisalat network/plan is still receiving his gmails in a separate inbox to his work email.... Argh....
    Last edited by kimbo77; 09-21-10 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Additional point
    09-21-10 07:09 AM
    I have the exact same problem, can anybody help
    09-22-10 12:12 PM
    I have BES as well as BIS services. I set up my BIS on att.blackberry.com so I would assume that your url is something similar.

Just checked, BlackBerry Internet Service exists that may be your answer.

it auto transferred the url so here it is By the way the url was http:// etisalat dot blackberry dot com / take out spaces and replace dot with a .
    09-22-10 01:19 PM
    By the way the url was http:// etisalat . blackberry . com /
    09-22-10 01:20 PM
    Many thanks ygthb.

Since I never subscribed to the Etisalat BIS, I can't log in. Looks like I'll have to find someone who is on Etisalat BIS and get them to send me the relevant service books somehow.... Hmmm
    09-24-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD