IS anyone able to access the BIS site from their Torch? Everytime I try to go to the BIS pagee on my Torch I get an error message saying that the BIS site cannot be accessed from a HTML browser and to access the site on my device.
    As the Torch decides itself what browser ID to use, does anyone know of a workaround to access my BIS account?
    10-26-10 09:49 AM
    You use email setup to access the BIS on the Blackberry.
    10-26-10 10:41 AM
    You use email setup to access the BIS on the Blackberry.
    I should have been clearer I need to deregister my old blackberry and my carrier has told me to do it through the BIS website

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 11:41 AM
    Then get them to create a user ID for you. Tell em to do it. BTW, you cannot deregister the account. You can only add and remove email accounts, if you want it deleted the carrier will need to do it.
    10-26-10 12:09 PM
    You can access the BIS website from a computer browser. I do a Google search for my specific carrier and that gets me to the correct link.

Though, for what it's worth, I was able to access the site from my torch's browser. Logged in fine. I did a Google search first, then clicked on the link in the results.

EDIT: the terms I searched for are "Blackberry internet service att". The link that works will have "mycingular" near the end of it, but that's still the correct site.
    10-26-10 01:39 PM
    Check your Browser Emulation setting at:

Browser / Options / Browser Configuration.

The default setting is BlackBerry, but other options are available.
    10-26-10 01:46 PM
    Unless I can't find it, Browser Emulation doesn't exist in OS6. I don't see it in any options on the device.
    10-26-10 01:51 PM
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk, This is the linke to the vodafone bis site, log in and go to change device, that way you can now activate your new device
    10-26-10 01:58 PM
    Unless I can't find it, Browser Emulation doesn't exist in OS6. I don't see it in any options on the device.
    Correct, there is no emulation option any more. A glaring omission that needs to be put back in. It really sucks when you automatically get thrown to a mobile version of a site and there's no way to pull up the full version.
    10-26-10 03:22 PM
    I rang Vodafone in the end and just made them do it. Seemed the easiest way.

Thanks for all your replies though.
    10-26-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD