Any feedback on the 9800 build quality? I have a Hungarian model it seems to be a bit wobbly when slid up. I also have a made in mexico one at my store that seems to be tighter. My Hungarian model seems to give me "call failed" quite often when in a full service area. I am wondering if I should swap it out for the Mexican built one.
    12-06-10 09:01 PM
    There are plenty of complaints about the "wobblyness" on the forums, regardless of where its built. I would assume most Torches are built in Mexico (mine too) and still has a wobble thing. Some users just kept replacing it with their dealer, until they landed a tighter one.
    12-06-10 09:15 PM
    I've got a Made in Mexico 5 which so far has been rock solid. Slider is firm, no wiggle. Just put the Torch in a AGF GRT Chrome / Black case, Wow! Tough as nails now, and looks great.
    12-06-10 11:01 PM
    Mine from Mexico 4. A lot in the forum complaints about bad wobbling with Mexico 4 units. I have wobbling but I've no complaints.
    12-07-10 06:24 AM
    I've gone through a few torches for various reasons, but the thing i've noticed most is that "call failed". I get that a couple times a day, even a couple times during phone calls. I've noticed that it happens when I'm in a wifi zone and the phone is switching from UMA back to 3G and EDGE.

I have a new torch on route today to me. So hopefully this is the last and all problems are fixed!

Oh ya, all my torches that I've gone through were Mexico 5
    12-07-10 09:08 AM
    Thanks for the input, I tested out a mexico 5 although the slider seemed tighter i decided to stay with the hungarian model, so far no issues.
    12-11-10 09:34 PM
    mine is a hungarian model but had no issues of wobbling, just take good care of your device and it will be alright regardless of where it is made..and you can fix those wobbling slider issues by opening your torch and tightly screwing the 6 screws of the slider..it will void your warranty though so its your call.
    12-11-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD