I work in IT and get pages. I get them sent to my phone as SMS messages. For the 8900, I was able to use WebMessenger Alerts to have various alerts... for example Sev 1 alerts in the middle of the night. But at the same time, during the day, just a polite beep and contant buzz until answered. I know that the test will always have @company.com in the body so I can filter on this. Since it's sent as a text (via phone number email) the "FROM" is always increasing and never the same.

I can't get WebMessenger Alerts to load on OS6 so I'm exploring alternatives. WM doesn't look like they'll ever update it so I'm willing to invest money in a solution to not have to carry a physical pager.

WebMessenger Alerts - Doesn't work with OS6 that I can tell, can't get it to even install. However, if someone has, please let me know.
    SmartAlerts - Doesn't seem configurable enough.
    AlertMatrix - Currently the best I can find. I would like to be able to better refine the times, currently the options are just "work day", "after hours", etc, not actual hourly configurable. But the app seems old and development seems outdated.

So, anyone out there have any tricks for turning their Torch into a pager?
    10-18-10 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD