I can't get AT&T insurance because I got the phone off Craigslist, but I wouldn't want AT&T insurance anyway. Of the phone insurance companies, such as SquareTrade and SafeWare, which do you recommend?
    09-13-10 04:30 PM
    SquareTrade is a great one. Use it with lots of devises, but there is a $50 deductible...
    09-13-10 05:13 PM
    I used SafeWare before I got my 9700. For my 9700 and 9800, I have used AT&T. Luckily no claims.
    09-13-10 06:10 PM
    att quoted me $150 deductible for my Torch... wow, I need to look into something else just in case.
    09-13-10 06:15 PM
    I think I'm going to try SafeWare, thanks guys
    09-13-10 06:15 PM
    have anyone considered... not getting the insurance..
    and saving the monthly ( intended for the insurance) to get yourself a new phone after 24 months?
    8 out of 10 people don't file a claim anyway...
    and don't forget the deductable
    09-13-10 06:33 PM
    and saving the monthly ( intended for the insurance) to get yourself a new phone after 24 months?
    Honestly! wow.. maybe it's that I live under a rock up here in Canada with all my igloos and such. But this is the first time I've heard of insurance for your phone. Sounds like a money grab to me!
    09-13-10 07:42 PM
    I usually don't get insurance, but with the Torch I've decided to keep insurance on the phone for at least a year. I'm kind of a clutz and my bold 9000 survived a lot of abuse, but with the Touch screen I'm a bit worried about longer term damage with this one.
    09-14-10 08:55 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you @Vajraja... but att insurance is a little more affordable than vzw where I was paying almost 8 bucks a month for insurance, plus an $85 ductible. I'm thinking of putting some reserve cash to the side and just purchase one right out--- if needed, still I'm such a clutz sooo I'll probably look for something a little more affordable until the newness of of my Torch wears out.
    09-14-10 09:01 AM
    att quoted me $150 deductible for my Torch... wow, I need to look into something else just in case.
    It's actually a $125 deductible, with $4.99 monthly premium payments:

Wireless Phone Insurance - Wireless from AT&T
    09-14-10 09:07 AM
    @ JasW $150 was quoted to me... I was like that's expensive. I hadn't checked beyond what was quoted because more than likely I'm switching to something or nothing at all.
    09-14-10 09:31 AM
    I can't get AT&T insurance because I got the phone off Craigslist, but I wouldn't want AT&T insurance anyway. Of the phone insurance companies, such as SquareTrade and SafeWare, which do you recommend?
    Save your money, buy a good hard case and be careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 09:40 AM
    Save your money, buy a good hard case and be careful.
    Exactly. The insurance is a rip off. Put an Otter Box on it and be careful - plus, I still have my 9000 in case something drastic happens that would carry me until my next upgrade eligilibility arrives.
    09-14-10 11:26 AM
    Exactly. The insurance is a rip off. Put an Otter Box on it and be careful - plus, I still have my 9000 in case something drastic happens that would carry me until my next upgrade eligilibility arrives.
    Yeah, that Otterbox works wonders against water damage and preventing the Torch from being stolen or lost.

The top piece of the Otterbox won't even stay on if you drop the phone from a height of 6 inches.
    09-14-10 11:47 AM
    I don't buy extended warranty's / insurance for any of my electronics. The money that I've saved has more than covered the cost of anything that I've had to pay to have fixed or replaced.
    09-14-10 01:56 PM
    I don't buy extended warranty's / insurance for any of my electronics. The money that I've saved has more than covered the cost of anything that I've had to pay to have fixed or replaced.
    I would agree with you except cell phones are subsidized. If my Torch breaks in the next year or I lost it I will have to spend $500 to replace it not the $200 I spent to buy it.

For me it's worth spending $5 a month for a year + the $125 for a replacement if it comes to it. After about a year, I may be able to get AT&T to give me an upgrade and may cancel it at that point.
    09-14-10 02:59 PM
    What does everyone think of Best Buy's insurance?
    09-14-10 04:06 PM
    Best buy covers liquid splashes.
    Not the toilet bowl or darn I went into the pool with my phone scenario.
    Claim is better since you get a brand new device. Not refurbished.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 05:10 PM
    SafeWare does not insure the Blackberry torch or am I blind?
    09-15-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD