Does anybody know which is a good Desktop Manager for the torch?? Thanks for the help.
    09-29-10 07:57 PM
    You have to use Desktop Manager 6.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
    09-29-10 08:05 PM
    whats wrong with the one that comes with it?
    09-29-10 08:06 PM
    Didn't know that there was more than one type available
    09-29-10 09:19 PM
    Where the exclamations and question marks really necessary??!!??!!?
    09-29-10 09:25 PM
    I used 6 and earlier versions initially to migrate contacts from my Treo to the Torch. I still have the earlier version on my netbook which has allowed me to load a third party app onto the torch much easier than the latest and greatest desktop prog. Sorry I can't say which version rigt now, I'll report later.
    09-30-10 08:04 AM
    I initially used DM 5 that was already on my computer. Then it suddenly stopped working so I DLed DM 6 and installed it and it works great. Unlike my other BB's this one does not come with a DM on disk. The disk just sends you to a DL site.
    09-30-10 08:14 AM
    I initially used DM 5 that was already on my computer. Then it suddenly stopped working so I DLed DM 6 and installed it and it works great. Unlike my other BB's this one does not come with a DM on disk. The disk just sends you to a DL site.
    Do you have to delete DM 5 before installing DM 6?

I'm asking because I'm saving the BB9000 for a back up.
    Thanks...
    C-man
    11-24-10 03:11 PM
    Do you have to delete DM 5 before installing DM 6?

I'm asking because I'm saving the BB9000 for a back up.
    Thanks...
    C-man
    If I'm not mistaken, invoking the installation of a newer version of DM will prompt you to uninstall the old one. Try it.
    11-24-10 06:00 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, invoking the installation of a newer version of DM will prompt you to uninstall the old one. Try it.
    Dm 6 was a smooth install no reference to removing the 5.0 ver. O/H though just did a search and DM 5 is gone..lol..ha thanks.....

BTW so far love the Torch and my BB 9000 is now locked away as a back up...will report impressions later on...thank you...C-man
    11-24-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD