I have used ProClip for my other devices and their holder for the Torch is now available. This is the best car holder out there (and the most expensive!). You need two parts: the mount which is car specific (it mounts to the seams of your dash without tools and without damage) and the holder which is device specific.
    The device holder is available here:
    ProClip Mounting System*-*Dual Select Listing
    And you need to add the mount for your specific car.
    As mentioned, I used this for my Bold and it was fantastic. I just ordered the one for the Torch.
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-16-10 at 06:55 PM.
    09-16-10 04:09 PM
    09-16-10 04:17 PM
    Have you seen this on that was posted in the Blog the other day? They're even giving some away!

Hands on with the iGrip Car Charging Dock for the BlackBerry Torch 9800; Contest: We're Giving Away 1 a Day for 30 Days!! | CrackBerry.com
    There is no comparison. The iGrip suctions to your windshield; the ProClip attaches to the seams of the dash with a special tool that requires no drilling or glue and it is rock-solid!
    09-16-10 04:25 PM
    I use the extra cup holder....fits in with the pocket case. Sync it and good to go.
    09-16-10 04:42 PM
    Well sorry for trying to help and give you more options then...

And there is a comparison because it is a car holder, you can attach the suction cup to your dash if you want to too. I like how it holds the phone in landscape mode. It's also useful when a person has more than one car, I sure wouldn't like having to buy a separate adapter for each car I want to use it in.

Also, putting this in the in the Torch forum makes me think you wanted some suggestions/options and a discussion on what is the best holder for a phone. Now it seems like you're just telling us the best one to use. The product you advocate is available for many other phones than just the Torch too. I think this would have been a much better thing to post in the Accessories Forum.
    09-16-10 04:44 PM
    you rock, thats what i use also
    09-16-10 04:47 PM
    Well sorry for trying to help and give you more options then...

And there is a comparison because it is a car holder, you can attach the suction cup to your dash if you want to too. I like how it holds the phone in landscape mode. It's also useful when a person has more than one car, I sure wouldn't like having to buy a separate adapter for each car I want to use it in.

Also, putting this in the in the Torch forum makes me think you wanted some suggestions/options and a discussion on what is the best holder for a phone. Now it seems like you're just telling us the best one to use. The product you advocate is available for many other phones than just the Torch too. I think this would have been a much better thing to post in the Accessories Forum.
    Sorry if I was too enthusiastic about this item, but as mentioned, I've used it before and I really like it. I just wanted to pass this info on to others.
    And the reason that I posted this in the Torch forums is because it just became available for the Torch (as there are not a lot of accessories available for the Torch yet.) And the mods can move this to any forum that they want if they don't like it here.
    09-16-10 04:58 PM
    Sweet. I was waiting for this since I got my Torch. I emailed them and they said october. Glad it came early. Ordering now.

As for the iGrip. That looks good as well. The ProClip just gives me a better mounting option and position. I like having it down lower out of the way.
    09-17-10 08:34 AM
    I have the pro clip center vent mount for my Garmin Nuvi and it has been rock solid for three years.
    09-17-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD