i have an officially unlocked BB 9800 running latest official released software (Thanks crackberry.com)
    the issue i am having.
    my browser does stops working as soon as i setup my BES email account.
    even though the following is true:
    1- On my previous 9700 everything works (so no block on the browser)
    2- I did a format on the 9800 and the browser works, I did a data restore and the browser still works, I activated my email with BES, The browser stopped working again!
    please help me solve this issue as its true for all my colleges in the company

thank you !
    12-10-10 11:52 PM
    what do you mean by "its true for all you colleagues in the office"? are you saying all your colleagues are having the same issue or that theirs is working? do other applications work? e.g facebook? yahoo messenger? BB messenger? is your email pushing? if it does....check if your firewall (in your BB) is blocking your browser?
    12-12-10 02:55 AM
    Has your company recently added an IT policy that blocks the use of the browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 03:13 AM
    Has your company recently added an IT policy that blocks the use of the browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No and its running perfectly on all browsers on any non 9800 blackberry

what do you mean by "its true for all you colleagues in the office"? are you saying all your colleagues are having the same issue or that theirs is working? do other applications work? e.g facebook? yahoo messenger? BB messenger? is your email pushing? if it does....check if your firewall (in your BB) is blocking your browser?
    yes all the 9800 in the office cannot brows
    other applications are not working only BBM and Email are working
    how do i check firewall?

thank you guys for trying
    12-12-10 04:25 AM
    It sounds like something specific to the 9800 and your IT policy. If that's the case, you'll have to get your IT department to look into it. Since the issue is affecting every 9800 user on the BES, it should be simple for the admin to figure it out. There's likely nothing you as a user can do. Just please don't reply that you ARE the IT admin...
    12-12-10 06:45 AM
    The IT admin says everything is ok at his end :S
    12-12-10 07:01 AM
    The IT admin says everything is ok at his end :S
    Everything can't be OK if every device in a particular configuration fails on the BES in the same way. Did your employer supply the 9800's? Did the browser work before you upgraded the OS? Did you reactivate on the Enterprise after upgrading the OS?
    12-12-10 07:10 AM
    IT department will always say it's ok if they can't figure out there is a problem, that's pretty much how it work. My opinion as an IT Manager, if it work on any other phone, but none of the 9800 work, well that's easy to see where the problem is, if your IT department can't figure that out, call your phone company for help or call RIM directly, someone will know what to do.
    12-12-10 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD