Ok i have seen folks with there berry weather on the home screen how do i do it? Anyone....
    11-05-10 08:33 PM
    In the settings, the fourth option down is Homescreen Wallpaper. Choose that option and enable it. That should do it.

C

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 08:44 PM
    Instructions for putting BerryWeather icon on homescreen:

Open BerryWeather and go to:
    Options>Settings>Homescreen Wallpaper>Check "Enable Homescreen Wallpaper" and any other items that you want on the homescreen. Then scroll down further and choose Style: Icon centered, right or left. Then choose Icon Size (I like large). Then backdrop off. Top margin needs to be set at 100PX. Left margin and right margin at whatever you like. Then scroll down to Background Image and click on Select Image>Click on File icon and then open>Click on file icon again and open>Click on file icon and open>Click on file icon and open>click on SDCard and open>Click on Blackberry and open>Click on Pictures icon and then open>Choose any picture that you have on your SD card that you want for homescreen WP (my next post has some Wallpapers that are sized for the Torch) and click select>hit back button>Click save and you are all done!!!!!

11-05-10 08:51 PM
    Instructions for putting BerryWeather icon on homescreen:

Open BerryWeather and go to:
    Options>Settings>Homescreen Wallpaper>Check "Enable Homescreen Wallpaper" and any other items that you want on the homescreen. Then scroll down further and choose Style: Icon centered, right or left. Then choose Icon Size (I like large). Then backdrop off. Top margin needs to be set at 100PX. Left margin and right margin at whatever you like. Then scroll down to Background Image and click on Select Image>Click on File icon and then open>Click on file icon again and open>Click on file icon and open>Click on file icon and open>click on SDCard and open>Click on Blackberry and open>Click on Pictures icon and then open>Choose any picture that you have on your SD card that you want for homescreen WP (my next post has some Wallpapers that are sized for the Torch) and click select>hit back button>Click save and you are all done!!!!!

Hmm i dont see a file icon?
    11-05-10 09:16 PM
    Hmm i dont see a file icon?
    It should be a folder looking thing..with an arrow. Should be on the very left as soon as you go to Select Image..

11-05-10 09:22 PM
    nope notta....
    11-06-10 06:28 AM
    Does the free version have the wallpaper option?
    I just installed trial pro version and gonna buy it tomorrow. It's really the best weather app.

11-06-10 06:48 AM
    nope notta....
    Do you have an SD card? Otherwise I hate to say it but your doing something wrong. It works for me and countless others..so there's gotta be a step or something your missing. It IS BerryWeather your using? I know there is another one with a similiar name as well..

11-06-10 08:12 AM
    Do you have an SD card? Otherwise I hate to say it but your doing something wrong. It works for me and countless others..so there's gotta be a step or something your missing. It IS BerryWeather your using? I know there is another one with a similiar name as well..

Yes i have a SD card its the 4gb one that comes with it...And yes it is BERRYWEATHER i know the difference...Hmmmmmm......If you can BBM me..
    11-06-10 08:23 AM
    I don't know what rickroller is talking about, but I don't think it's the same thing as the OP wants. This post is exactly what you want:

In the settings, the fourth option down is Homescreen Wallpaper. Choose that option and enable it. That should do it.

C

Open Berry Weather. Click your Blackberry (menu) button. Scroll to and select "settings". Scroll down to the 4th item down that says "Homescreen wallpaper" Select that, and there's a checkbox at the top that says "enable..."

That should do it. Obviously you have to have at least one city setup. I believe it sets your first city as the background.
    11-06-10 08:35 AM
    FYI... You don't have to have a background wallpaper set in berryweather to see the weather on the home screen. Wallpaper background is the last option in the app. fourth option down in the option list is "Homescreen Wallpaper". First option on that screen, "Enable Berryweather Homescreen Wallpaper". You can use any background wallpaper you want set in the normal fashion.
    11-06-10 08:35 AM
    On another note..
    When i click "Select Image" in the Homescreen Wallpaper Background option, it takes me right to my pictures. Camera pictures(Internal memory), Picture library(SD card), or Wallpaper(stock came with wallpapers).
    11-06-10 08:40 AM
    I don't know what rickroller is talking about, but I don't think it's the same thing as the OP wants. This post is exactly what you want:

Open Berry Weather. Click your Blackberry (menu) button. Scroll to and select "settings". Scroll down to the 4th item down that says "Homescreen wallpaper" Select that, and there's a checkbox at the top that says "enable..."

That should do it. Obviously you have to have at least one city setup. I believe it sets your first city as the background.
    Yes..if you want your entire background image set as your Berryweather..then yes..this will work. However..if you want to have your Berryweather image layered on top of a different wallpaper..then you will need to follow my instructions. (EDIT: Not actually my instructions..i got these from another member who was smarter than I to figure it out )

See how it's up in the top corner with a different background? That's what I've been referring too..so if i'm wrong my apologies.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-06-10 at 08:52 AM.
    11-06-10 08:48 AM
    ahhh ok. My bad. I guess I'm not sure if he wants his whole background as the weather thing or just an icon like you have. I didn't even know one could do what you show rickroller so thanks, I learned something
    11-06-10 08:52 AM
    Yes..if you want your entire background image set as your Berryweather..then yes..this will work. However..if you want to have your Berryweather image layered on top of a different wallpaper..then you will need to follow my instructions. (EDIT: Not actually my instructions..i got these from another member who was smarter than I to figure it out )

See how it's up in the top corner with a different background? That's what I've been referring too..so if i'm wrong my apologies.
    YES this is what i want..But i cant get it..hmmm
    11-06-10 08:56 AM
    Here's some step by step screenshots

After you select "Enable BerryWeather Homescreen Wallpaper" scroll down and select "Select Image"

The file icon is the one on the left (Yes..that's my little boy..and yes..he's pushing a pink stroller )
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-06-10 at 09:01 AM.
    11-06-10 08:59 AM
    Third option down in the settings.... homescreen/Notification icon. I believe what rickroller posted is old app perhaps. I don't have to do any of the things hes posting to get either my entire homscreen as berryweather, or just the icon.

Normal homescreen with just the icon and wallpaper of my choice.

Or with the wallpaper of my choice with berryweather as the overlay and no icon, with a weather badge in the notification area.

Not sure exactly what the OP is looking for, but i didn't have to go through any of what rickroller posted to do either of these.
    11-06-10 09:07 AM
    Perhaps you have an older version Rickroller? These are the options in my phone.

Berryweather options on torch 9800

After clicking "Select Image"

Then i simply chose the wallpaper I want.

EDIT:

After looking at your pics I noticed you also don't have the option for weather advisories. I think you might need to upgrade to a newer version ? Mine is Version 2.5.46
    11-06-10 09:12 AM
    Yea..i must..because when I have nothing that looks like yours..which is weird because normally I get an email if there is an update available..

EDIT: Yea..just checked Mobihand. Downloading the new version now. Please ignore all my other advice..as I am clearly outdated with teh latest technology
    Last edited by Rickroller; 11-06-10 at 09:18 AM.
    11-06-10 09:15 AM
    Rickroller,

Great avatar. Version 2.5.46 is the most current. What were you running?
    11-06-10 10:04 AM
    Perhaps you have an older version Rickroller? These are the options in my phone.

Berryweather options on torch 9800

After clicking "Select Image"

Then i simply chose the wallpaper I want.

EDIT:

After looking at your pics I noticed you also don't have the option for weather advisories. I think you might need to upgrade to a newer version ? Mine is Version 2.5.46

The above is the correct way for the newest version of BerryWeather. Rickroller just re-posted my instructions from the old version of BerryWeather.

There is also another way that works great and that is with WallpaperChanger available here (and it's on sale):
    Wallpaper Changer Pro with CrackBerry Wallpapers - CB Editors Choice Award Winner 2010 - - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    You just enable Homescreen Wallpaper in BerryWeather app and also set font and set margins for the icon location. And then in WallpaperChanger you will check off "Use BerryWeather" and then designate the wallpaper folder. You then have BerryWeather on your homescreen with the wallpaper being changed at designated intervals.
    11-06-10 10:14 AM
    Third option down in the settings.... homescreen/Notification icon. I believe what rickroller posted is old app perhaps. I don't have to do any of the things hes posting to get either my entire homscreen as berryweather, or just the icon.

Normal homescreen with just the icon and wallpaper of my choice.

Or with the wallpaper of my choice with berryweather as the overlay and no icon, with a weather badge in the notification area.

Not sure exactly what the OP is looking for, but i didn't have to go through any of what rickroller posted to do either of these.
    Ok how do i do that? For some reason i cant get it to go on my main screen...
    11-06-10 10:47 AM
    Great information! Thanks!
    11-06-10 11:30 AM
    Rickroller,

Great avatar. Version 2.5.46 is the most current. What were you running?
    I think it was 2.1 or 2.2 (didn't really pay too close attention)..but I'm all caught up now on the latest and greatest. Normally I get an email when an ugprage is available..but I either missed it or didn't get one.
    11-06-10 12:00 PM
    Ok how do i do that? For some reason i cant get it to go on my main screen...
    Dumb question..but after you select your wallpaper..are you using the back button? This should prompt a Save Changes pop up.
    11-06-10 12:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD