I'm upset the launch was delayed. It's more inconvenient for me. I have an offer from Bell that is time-sensitive.
    09-17-10 01:27 PM
    Why is it a Fail? Maybe they are working on proper infrastructure..... maybe the extra week is to make sure everything will work perfect?

Id be happy to wait an extra week if it were justified, to help with service and customer satisfaction. I dont see how you can justify it a FAIL.
    some things arent meant to be taken so literally... i was just sad that they delayed it another week... thats all... and in terms of infrastructure the torch runs on the 2100mhz same as the bold 2 so no infrastructure differences there.

possiblity testing a better os build is the only thing i can think of
    09-17-10 02:48 PM
    I think the real reason for the delay is because they are launching the Nokia C6 exclusively on the same week. It has nothing to do with phone itself. Boy are they in for a surprise when they loose customers to Telus and Rogers.
    09-17-10 04:06 PM
    Last ditch efforts to sell off their Palm Pres? Heh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 04:24 PM
    Last ditch efforts to sell off their Palm Pres? Heh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 LOL
    If the Torch through Bell is contingent on them clearing their Palm inventory, it'll inevitably be delayed until October 1, 2020.
    09-17-10 06:37 PM
    isn't the wait the more exciting part of the game?
    it's gonna make you love the device more.. and test your patience
    09-17-10 08:16 PM
    isn't the wait the more exciting part of the game?
    it's gonna make you love the device more.. and test your patience
    LOL testing my patience... I'm using a Storm 9530 dont you think I have suffered enough? Funny thing is my eligability date is Sept 19th 2 more days... and I still have to wait...

waiting patiently....
    09-17-10 10:12 PM
    WTF... so for some reason i decided to check out the bell torch page and im pretty sure a few weeks back when everyone else said they were releasing the Torch on the 24th of Sept... Bell was on the same page....

now it looks like they bumped it to OCT 1.

Bell Canada - The BlackBerry Torch
    Why did the October 1st get replaced by coming soon? Did it get delayed further? I hope Rogers doesn't do this to us too.
    09-17-10 11:22 PM
    its supposed to be a RIM launch not a carrier launch, so if bell is delayed, the others will be too. thats what a rim rep told me. so dont ***** bell at least until we are sure that they dont launch at the same as the others.....

just wait....

( i know its easy to spit on bell, but please, be patient and be sure before saying anything)
    09-18-10 01:07 AM
    some things arent meant to be taken so literally... i was just sad that they delayed it another week... thats all... and in terms of infrastructure the torch runs on the 2100mhz same as the bold 2 so no infrastructure differences there.

possiblity testing a better os build is the only thing i can think of

The Torch is the First OS6 Device, which very much could mean infrastucture change, or at least catching infrastucture prodlems with Billing as the Way the Torch Sends data could be different than the way other BB devices send data, and could get flagged outside of countless "unlimited" programs causing them billing issues.

THOUGH I really hope that Kevins assumptions are correct and that Bell is testing a newer OS revision than the one that Ships with AT&T which is causing a delay.

I suspect that Rogers and Telus will also announce delays, MY BIG fear is that Bell Jumped the gun and moved the delay to Oct 1st, when Rogers and Telus are waiting for confirmation from RIM, and they don't want to change their date twice if it gets pushed to Oct 7th or beyond.

I am planning on paying to get out of my Bell Contract and moving to Rogers once I check on Rogers coverage maps for North Western Ontario, and Manitoba, as Bell's HSPA network sucks in that region.

A delay just means I might pay a little less to get out of my contract..
    09-18-10 07:10 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD