I really don't see why any one wouldn't like it ...I mean it may not have all the stuff that some would like to see , but I think it is still a bad a** phone ....I haven't stopped playing with it .......not sure what all the complaining is about mine has a slight wobble shift or what ever everyone is calling it but mean it not like it dangling or gonna fall off and the battery seems really good under heavy use , the processor seems fast enough ....I mean come on people its a phone , if you want to watch tv get direct tv , if you wanna play games get a ps3....not that this phone won't play games or vids because it does quite well for a phone ......the only thing that I can say is the touch screen key board is not that easy for big finger people ...........I just wanted to give some insight to the ones that are skepticle about getting the 9800 due to all the negitve reads (I was one of you ) and I got it now and I can't put it down ....if you like bbs then I think you will like this phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 08:17 PM
    I just got mine on monday and unlocked and using it with T-Mobile. Everything (except 3G of course) works including UMA. I completely agree with you and would advise anyone to get on this. Coming from a 9700 I am completely happy I upgraded..
    11-04-10 10:07 PM
    This phone rock's !!! i came from Iphone(30day moneyback), after 2 weeks of use i give back my Iphone to try this new torch hehe past 2 mounts and im still using it lol no more toys i have a ps3 for games
    11-04-10 11:40 PM
    Agreed! I upgraded to this from the 8900 and I don't regret it at all! Mine too has the wobble but as you said it's not like the phone is going to fall apart. I assume that's just how a slider phone is. I love the features and so far the phone has done everything I want and hasn't failed me yet.

11-05-10 01:17 AM
    The Torch is my first blackberry device and I have to say that its better then the last 3 Android phones that I have owned.

11-05-10 03:15 AM
    With all the negative comments I saw from some users especially about sluggish performance. They started making me hate it. until I tried it in the store (it had OS 246) and noticed that it was fast as ****! That's when I bought it and I keep holding it to play with it.......with all the other BBs,,,,the happiness tends to fade a way after 2-3 days but with this.......you always wanna pick it up to play with it! I have all my apps installed and still have 340 MB of free space! It rocks performance wise!

And now with OS 337 out......the battery life is wayyyy better than any BB i've ownser before!

I did a complete Device wipe before installing it
    11-05-10 03:48 AM
    I heard so much bad things about this phone but I wanted to check one out for my lady.

I walk into a store to check one out and I see this guys standing up looking at the only "demo" they have on display... I take a walk around the place looking at other units that have Androids and whatever. I see the guy finally leave so I think ok let's check it out....yeah right think again! This dude tore the jaws off the Torch without sounding off the little alarm thing on the back and was gone with it! Are you serious? Is the phone that hot?!?!?

Anyway what I want to ask here is with this unit is the battery better than that of the curve 3g? She complains that the battery life compared to her old pearl is no comparison. Also how much more memory does it contain?
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 11-05-10 at 08:07 AM.
    11-05-10 08:05 AM
    I personally loved my 9700. With my otterbox case on that phone I was able to throw that phone around anywhere and it was always solid as a rock. The 9800 is an amazing phone, just wish it was as durable :P. Oh well, that's really my only complaint. I'm enjoying this phone so much.
    11-05-10 08:11 AM
    ROFLMAO
    Most demo phones in stores are dummies(IE no internals for it to actually work). That's why they are on display. Most stores aren't dumb enough to put actual working devices on display just for this reason.
    11-05-10 08:11 AM
    I heard so much bad things about this phone but I wanted to check one out for my lady.

I walk into a store to check one out and I see this guys standing up looking at the only "demo" they have on display... I take a walk around the place looking at other units that have Androids and whatever. I see the guy finally leave so I think ok let's check it out....yeah right think again! This dude tore the jaws off the Torch without sounding off the little alarm thing on the back and was gone with it! Are you serious? Is the phone that hot?!?!?

Anyway what I want to ask here is with this unit is the battery better than that of the curve 3g? She complains that the battery life compared to her old pearl is no comparison. Also how much more memory does it contain?
    This made me laugh for real lol..

Battery life is good in general..some people have gotten bad batteries out of the gate (myself included) but I think alot of the newer shipments have remedied that. I would say in general most people can easily get thru the day with moderate usage..and with light usage you could expect 2-3 days on one charge. As far as memory goes it's got 4GB of onboard storage and 512Mb of RAM..so to put that into perspective I have about a dozen apps on my phone and still have just under 300Mb to play with (apps use a lot less memory than on iphone or android).
    11-05-10 08:23 AM
    I've had my torch for a little over 2 weeks now after swapping an iphone for it due to battery issues. I get almost 3 days on a full charge, surfing, calls and just messing with it

So far it's been great. Have imported my music and photo's without a hitch. Only thing I notice is call sound quality, is a bit deep but have changed it to treble and will see. Wobble is there but unless is falls of I'm satisfied.

Do wish they'd couple the sensor to the "end call" button also, tend to bump it now and then.

Wasp
    11-05-10 08:42 AM
    It is great to see people's opinions as I am thinking of picking one up myself. I am sure I will love whatever I end up with though, as my current BB is old and decrepit.

I can't believe someone walked off with the display model, haha
    11-05-10 12:17 PM
    I too just recently got my torch and I truly think that it is great. I have had a lot of other blackberries and despite all the negativity that is thrown every where I think that the positive is never truly displayed about any of the devices. I was able to unlock my torch and get everything thing working with no problem thanks to the great instructions on here. The hardware itself on my phone is pretty stable and I think that it was a great investment.
    11-05-10 12:53 PM
    When I first heard about the device coming out I was excited, I always wanted the option of having a touch screen and a physical keyboard. Then when it did come out and I heard all the negative comments about it I had decided I wasn't going to get it.
    Now reading all the positive comments, I'm definitely considering it. I can't upgrade until the beginning of December and had thought about waiting for the 9780 to sneak its way into AT&T or to get the Captivate, but I think I may have to go with 9800! (Anytime I've changed to a different type of phone I come crawling back to BB so the Captivate shouldn't have been on the list in the first place.)
    11-05-10 01:21 PM
    Yeah my actual experience with the phone (in store before I bought it and after I bought it) were nothing like most of the ******** from various blogs and forums.
    11-05-10 01:22 PM
    I can't upgrade until the beginning of December and had thought about waiting for the 9780 to sneak its way into AT&T or to get the Captivate, but I think I may have to go with 9800! (Anytime I've changed to a different type of phone I come crawling back to BB so the Captivate shouldn't have been on the list in the first place.)
    I was in your situation, but there is a little known deal that ATT will work. If you are close, sometimes they will let you upgrade anyway at no extra cost. For me, it just cost an extra $75 to "buy out" my old ATT contract and start the new. I wasn't due to upgrade until February of '11. It was worth it!
    11-05-10 02:50 PM
    I was in your situation, but there is a little known deal that ATT will work. If you are close, sometimes they will let you upgrade anyway at no extra cost. For me, it just cost an extra $75 to "buy out" my old ATT contract and start the new. I wasn't due to upgrade until February of '11. It was worth it!
    Really? Maybe I'll go into the store and see if they will. Thanks!
    11-05-10 03:05 PM
    So I went into the store (couldn't wait any longer lol) and they wouldn't let me upgrade early but there's a line on my family plan that was eligible for upgrade and I was able to use (the other person didn't care and can use my upgrade next month if they want).
    Only a few minutes of playing with it and I am in love!! Best BB I've ever owned.
    11-05-10 04:19 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you and you're enjoying the phone. If it came pre-loaded with .141 for the OS I would suggest immediately upgrading..it will only make you're new phone that much better.
    11-05-10 04:32 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you and you're enjoying the phone. If it came pre-loaded with .141 for the OS I would suggest immediately upgrading..it will only make you're new phone that much better.
    Thanks!
    Say's its running 6.0.0.246
    11-05-10 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD